• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

The weekend of Nov 6th and 7th we are going to hold the second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally. It will be held at the Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch, same as the first TX Rally. More details to come.

OL AG '89

I've got it on the calendar....
Wife is not excited, kids are iffy, dog is ready to go today!!!
MV is able to make it, but will probably trailer....
What kind of facility is available there to swap tires....
I'm too wide for the trailer with the 33's.... have to trailer with stock and then swap...
Do I need to bring generator and compressor to run air tools or ???
Is there camping available, hook-ups or pads or ???
Might bring buddy's travel trailer as base camp...

runk

There is a "clubhouse" with bathrooms, power, meeting room, and porch. For camping, it's just a well drained, flat, grassy field. As long as your not in a hurry, I have an adapter for the deuce's air system (I won't be there unti mid-morning, and the deuce's air system is not that high capacity.)

Mission Statement

My family agrees, wife totally not interested, son iffy (but he's coming, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it once we are there), and dog number 1 is totally ready right now, sir yes sir ! But she is also totally nuts, so I think she will have to stay home :D ! Dog number two sees no reason to travel to sleep in the sun.

dc3coyote

I am glad to see rally info starting up again for Texas. This puts it hight on my list of where to be stationed next.
I am leaning toward, Huston area, or Corpous Christi

Barrman

Count me in. I have been away from the computer all week. Sorry about the slow reply.

Probably be the M35 and M715 again. Might bring the M1009 instead just to see how it does on trails.

Colton will be with me again.

nofearnohope

That sounds good, Barrman. Look forward to seeing you again.
Our list is growing, we are up to 9 so far.

nofearnohope
Dr_Kaiser
niferous
fuzzytoaster
OL AG '89
runk
David_4x4
two.fiveM35
Barrman

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in too, but in pencil.

Work can be unpredictable for me, and I often get to cancel carefully planned personal events to go do their unplanned stuff.

But it puts toys in my shop and bread on my table, can't whine too much I suppose. Grateful to have a good job in these times!

G/F says she is going even if I have to work, and she's taking one of my trucks...:smile:

Cheers

dc3coyote

Thanks Lib, I am limited by Coast Guard bases in the area. Going to Air Station Huston I would most likely be going out of rate .
I saw pics from earlier this years rally. One of the things I do with my Pinz when the amb box is off, is I mount a 60 gal water tank in the bed. That makes it ride and preform like a whole different animal. Its also nice to have some way to clean
Brakes at the end of the day.

Barrman

I just posted about this over on the Zone. Probably get some people from that group involved.

I think we covered this back in March. However, for those that don't want to go research.

Lots of room for trucks, trailers, campers, motorhomes, tents and such. Feed yourself in whatever manner you want. Except for the drive to town Saturday lunch. No street legal requirement on the vehicles. So, bring your trailer queen that runs great but has no lights. Lincoln has LED's on his Duece, so seing at night is not a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks