• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Securing/Locking the Lunette

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, I tried searching this morning but no joy on what exactly I'm looking for. (I'll admit, I'm a tad rushed for time).

I want to secure the lunette of my Pioneer Tool Trailer to deter someone hooking up and running off with it. I'm storing it in my APT complex and will be transferring some tools and such to it. My thought was just loop a ridiculous amount of chain in, through,around the lunette to "close off" the hole. BUT, I'm wondering if there's a better way? I don't mind spending the coin, but would prefer to spend as little as possible. (doesn't everyone?) It's also be nice if it didn't take 30 min to undo the chain to get it ready to go somewhere.

I'm going to be looking at this thread when I get off work (for some reason I'm having a **** of a time logging in on the gov computers) so I can maybe buy something on the way home. Local stores include Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, etc...

Thanks in advance!

(Edited to fix Pintle to Lunette)

Last edited:

Gunzy

Your idea is good or you could just chain and lock it to a pole or pillar. I have seen lock systems for ball type hitches but not for the lunette(pintle loop) of a military type trailer.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gunboy, Thanks, I ordered a set from them.

And Duh on the Pintle/lunette. I don't have anything to chain the trailer too, except a tree about 20 or so feet away... and I don't want to do that and be responsible for someone walking their dog tripping over it. So the Lunette lock will work great. This also enabled me to get a set of locks for the trailer doors and hatches.

Edit: I can log in from work! (this is probably a bad thing, lol.)

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I bought a lunette lock and 4x hardened locks from etrailer. It came extremely fast... up until my postal carrier didn't read the instructions to "leave if no response".

It took longer to cut the ziptie off the lunette lock to get it out of the packaging than anything else. I installed 2 of the other 3 locks, and will work on the third when I get the existing 5200 series lock that is still on the trailer. It's a GREAT size. I'll test it out in my M100 when I get a chance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks