• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seeing Pictures - What must a new member do?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First- yes, I did a search, didn't find the answer.

Buddy of mine signed up on SS several weeks ago, still can't see pictures. He gets links in the post, but if he tries to click on them he gets a message that says he doesn't have privelages. It also says something about either having his privealges being suspended or not being approved. I'm guessing on the latter, since he has never posted anything!

He has read and acknowledged the site rules, etc.
He has sent a message to the site support link (we did get that on search. Thanks Kenny!).
He has PM'd administrators, no response.
I have PM'd a couple, no response.

What has he/we missed, what does he need to do???

By the way, it is not something in his computer, if he backs out and I log in, I can see the pictures.

Cheers

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
what's his SS username? I'll fix it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have him post a "hello" with what he has, or is contemplating getting. Just an introduction type statement. That may help (or he will find out some step of the 'approval' process has not been done yet).

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what's his SS username? I'll fix it.
Excellent! Thank you. [thumbzup]
He is Texan1650

I have recently subverted him to the green side (that's what he gets for sharing an office with me :twisted: ). Wants to fix up an M151A1 mid-60s Vietnam style. He has a screen-shot of one from The Green Berets when John Wayne is on the airfield, that's what he wants.
He is interested in other MV's also, and I asked him "Why stop at just one??" See, I AM a bad influence...

Cheers

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your friend should be all set now. His account needed a setting changed.

Next time, if you need help, ask an active moderator, don't bother with the "contact us" link. It goes to Mangus580. He ignores it.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! I was going to start bugging y'all next, we were trying to do it the 'right' way first.

Cheers

Edit- He was up and happily viewing pictures that night. Good job, and thank you!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks