• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF 97

CGarbee

I've waited three months to fill one out and send it in... I don't remember seeing a time limit on the form, but I'm not looking at it right now...
Hmmm...

Looking around the GL site, it says you can submit up to one year from purchase. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT : Here is the text from the GL help section, #63 under TITLING -Last line.

"Where an original SF97 was provided to the customer for a conveyance sold by GL, requests for duplicate SF97s will be forwarded to the Vehicle Titling Department for their approval or rejection. GL has no obligation to provide duplicate documentation, and cannot guarantee that duplicate documentation will be made available. Where an original SF97 is provided to the customer for a conveyance sold by GL, at the time of transfer GL will assign the SF97 to customer via a Letter of Re-assignment. Requests for documents on vehicles sold more than one year prior to the date of the request will not be honored."

I don't know if they say this as a formality or if it's a real rule, who knows.

ida34

It used to say one year but recently I tried to find where it said one year and could not. Can you send a link for where you found one year? I just sent in one for a truck I got back in Sept 06. I have not heard back from them one way or another.

Lorax

An interesting thing about getting an SF97 from GL. Earlier this week the DMV Officer came by to do an inspection of another truck and trailer at my home. We were talking about the whole procedure GL makes people jump thru, and he said what GL is doing is illegal. He said that it's illegal for GL to make people pay an additional fee and wait for an extended amount of time to receive the vehicle's SF97.

Any thought?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Lorax said:
An interesting thing about getting an SF97 from GL. Earlier this week the DMV Officer came by to do an inspection of another truck and trailer at my home. We were talking about the whole procedure GL makes people jump thru, and he said what GL is doing is illegal. He said that it's illegal for GL to make people pay an additional fee and wait for an extended amount of time to receive the vehicle's SF97.

Any thought?
You get the DMV to come to your house? :shock: I thought the $60.00 fee was a bit extreme as well........

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the whole thing seams like a scam, but if you dont play along they just ban you and its your lost . i dont think it will ever stop. just think about it as a part of the savings as we do buy those trucks kinda on the cheap side

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
timntrucks said:
the whole thing seams like a scam, but if you dont play along they just ban you and its your lost . i dont think it will ever stop. just think about it as a part of the savings as we do buy those trucks kinda on the cheap side
Who Bans who?

ida34

A lot of states have laws that say that all cars must be transfered with a title. This includes scrap cars. In Michigan it is illegal to transfer a motor vehicle without a title. When the scrappers make little cubes of them they are supposed to have a title and turn it in. Naturally this does not always happen. I think you will find that most states that require a title have a similar law. I think the present policy is OK but it was better when you got the 97 at pickup. I doubt we will see that again.

Lorax

The DMV guy has always come out to check my MVs. Funny thing is, I don't know what the DMV sheet is used for. Apparently it isn't needed to get an SF97 because a couple other guys I know have gotten their SF97 without faxing in the DMV sheet. And the DMV itself didn't ask to see it when getting plates. Which is fine since there is a checked box on the sheet saying to pay $120 at titling.

Like what was said above, it's just one of the extra joys we all have to go thru to get these trucks at a lower price.

Anyone ever looked at their SF97 to see what GL paid for their trucks? GL paid $104 for mine. A solid clean truck. They made a decent profit too.

ida34

Lomax,
Do a search. There was a thread that explained how much GL gets and they do not get the bid minus $104 in your example.

Melvinitis

Back to the issue of time limit, I think Robyn jus tthe other day said the time limit was no longer enforced. I could be wrong, but do an online chat with them, I have found those folks to be very quick and very helpful. Maybe it is just me, but there seems to be better customer service there in the last month.

ida34

She did confirm that the time limit is no more and the flood of applications now coming in because of the lifting of the limit has caused the present backlog.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know who you can call to confirm that they received the fax for SF97 request?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Recovry4x4 said:
Does anyone know who you can call to confirm that they received the fax for SF97 request?
I logged into their online chat, and "Hasna" told me, "yes we have your 3 SF97 requests", but that was it, no progress status or anything beyond, "yes we have them"

Alabama dont require one.

I have been talking to GL about my auctions that i have one. 3 in the past month. one was mid FEB. they say they are working on my EUC still... Dang GL drags there FEET on stuff. I can only imagine how long it will take once it heads towards Battle Creek. I WANTA GET MY STUFF..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks