• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shawano County, Wisconsin Police Interaction With Belligerent Military Truck Driver!

FloridaAKM

Yesterday right before 18:00, police were called to stop a person who was driving a personally owned historic military vehicle. There is not much detail on this other than the driver wouldn't stop driving & had a flat tire on top of that.

The police tried to use a snowplow to stop the driver, but he just drove around it. When they finally got him stopped, he had to be forcibly removed from the vehicle around 22:00. Anybody else hear about this?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The owner is a vet is PTSD and is waaaay out there. Here's what he td the police:

"He stated that he knew I wouldn’t believe him but to check the satellites that are following him and that his tires had been shot out back where the tire debris had started,” reads the criminal complaint. He also claimed he was communicating with dispatch through “psychic methods” and they told him to keep driving, according to the complaint.

Renel told the judge the same thing, saying, “The charges are false, because dispatch told me to go to the side of the road psychically as I did and followed direct orders across the board.”

He's also had previous run ins with the law:

"
He had been arrested on April 28 for firing a gun.

“Due to comments made by the driver and the conditions of this incident, the Shawano County Special Response Team responded to the scene,” says Lt. Jesse Sperberg, Shawano County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies asked Renel if he wanted help or a tow truck, and he said he did not want help. Officers looked in the vehicle and saw a soft case rifle bag on the passenger seat within arm’s reach of Renel. They asked Renel if he was OK. He said he was going on a “Sunday stroll with his truck.” He refused the leave the vehicle."

So this isn't someone who just decided to take his MV out for shenanigans. It sounds like someone deep in a mental health crisis. I hope he gets the help he needs.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that it matters, but I was curious what type of truck he was driving. Apparently, he was driving either an M923 or M925 with super singles. I could not tell from the pic if it was an A1 or A2. One newspaper story (not the one I mentioned above) said he was driving a "deuce and a half" military vehicle.

INFChief

The owner is a vet is PTSD and is waaaay out there. Here's what he td the police:

"He stated that he knew I wouldn’t believe him but to check the satellites that are following him and that his tires had been shot out back where the tire debris had started,” reads the criminal complaint. He also claimed he was communicating with dispatch through “psychic methods” and they told him to keep driving, according to the complaint.

Renel told the judge the same thing, saying, “The charges are false, because dispatch told me to go to the side of the road psychically as I did and followed direct orders across the board.”

He's also had previous run ins with the law:

"
He had been arrested on April 28 for firing a gun.

“Due to comments made by the driver and the conditions of this incident, the Shawano County Special Response Team responded to the scene,” says Lt. Jesse Sperberg, Shawano County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies asked Renel if he wanted help or a tow truck, and he said he did not want help. Officers looked in the vehicle and saw a soft case rifle bag on the passenger seat within arm’s reach of Renel. They asked Renel if he was OK. He said he was going on a “Sunday stroll with his truck.” He refused the leave the vehicle."

So this isn't someone who just decided to take his MV out for shenanigans. It sounds like someone deep in a mental health crisis. I hope he gets the help he needs.
That doesn’t sound like a PTSD related issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks