• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shifting a M939 Transfer case by hand

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a take out M939 Transfer case and I am checking it out to
make sure it all works, but I can not shift it in to neutral or low.
It is in high and it turns fine.
I guess my question is can you shift one by hand?

plode

When I had the linkage off of mine to grease it, I could only shift it by putting a screwdriver through the pin hole and pulling on that.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I tried to shift the transfer case on two over of my trucks by hand and if you bleed the air off you can shift them.

74M35A2

I haven't read the manual, but I think they prefer if you shift it while the truck is in at least slight motion. Try turning the input shaft while moving the linkage. T case shifting is not one of the 900 series strong suits.....

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I tried to shift the transfer case on two over of my trucks by hand and if you bleed the air off you can shift them.
Yeah but those have probably moved recently. Maybe the shaft is just a little stuck. Try a little mechanical advantage. Also maybe you should remove the air lock actuator and take a peek in there/shoot in some lube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks