• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shorty bed on m931A2

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, it looks better with the tire carrier...IMHO.
plus, you might need it...and I don't wanna throw it out of the bed to change it, I would have to leave the old tire on the side of the road....to heavy!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next up is my 932A2...I think I'm going to go 110 or so inches on that bed...but going 11ft allows the hinges to match up as if it looks factory, going shorter will make one of the panals quite short.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Putting beds on these 931's really make them much more usable, plus you get 2 tanks instead of 1.
maneuvering is also mucho better with the wheel base being shorter as well.

ke5eua

Yea, it looks better with the tire carrier...IMHO.
plus, you might need it...and I don't wanna throw it out of the bed to change it, I would have to leave the old tire on the side of the road....to heavy!
Had a blow out in our 934 at NTC heading back to the rail head. NCO that was playing TC didn't want to put the bad one back in the carrier so just told the driver to leave it in the sand.

That was really fun to explain to the commander why I'm missing a tire on my truck I didn't even drive when we got back. The NCO lied through her teeth saying she told the driver to put it back but he refused.

Luckily our CW2 took our side (if said driver had refused why didn't nco bring it up to commander at time) and the newly SP4 wasn't really happy about having to pay for a tire assembly and the article 15 for falsifying a sworn statement.

I digress, great looking truck.

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a blow out in our 934 at NTC heading back to the rail head. NCO that was playing TC didn't want to put the bad one back in the carrier so just told the driver to leave it in the sand.

That was really fun to explain to the commander why I'm missing a tire on my truck I didn't even drive when we got back. The NCO lied through her teeth saying she told the driver to put it back but he refused.

Luckily our CW2 took our side (if said driver had refused why didn't nco bring it up to commander at time) and the newly SP4 wasn't really happy about having to pay for a tire assembly and the article 15 for falsifying a sworn statement.

Wow! That was a bad NCO/leader.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Boy, lot of integrity going on there :roll::roll:

jw4x4

I did not do the work. I purchased the bed from someone in Florida. The bed was delivered to yet another location in Florida and modified. A member brought the bed to the 2012 Georgia Rally on a trailer. I removed the fifth wheel plate and associated components and drove the truck from Ohio with bare frame rails. The truck and bed were mated at the rally. A long distance project that worked out perfectly.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not do the work. I purchased the bed from someone in Florida. The bed was delivered to yet another location in Florida and modified. A member brought the bed to the 2012 Georgia Rally on a trailer. I removed the fifth wheel plate and associated components and drove the truck from Ohio with bare frame rails. The truck and bed were mated at the rally. A long distance project that worked out perfectly.

It all came together nicely!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just waiting on the front mounts and springs, trying to make it as correct as possible.
i welded 3/8in L brackets to the frame and bolted the bed down, so now I can at least drive it.
this truck soon to be for sale....I have started the bed mod for the M932A2, I'm gonna keep the 932

jw4x4

For my alterations, I did not cut or weld anything. I still have the 5th wheel plate, ramps, walk board, and bolts. Could make it into a tractor again very quickly, but that's not likely to happen. I am afraid I will develop the urge to purchase an assortment of trailers.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those springs are needed for off roading, they allow the bed to flex...I believe the spring allow the bed to return to
its normal state...I'm finishing up the 932A2 bed now, the over all length is 116in, so I will have 8in of overhang...will look good. Now I just need to find some side racks for both trucks and cut the down, as well as 2 CAMO deuce tops that will need to go to the canvas shop and be cut down, I have 2 NOS bow kits for an m36, while tan, they will get painted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks