• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shot in the dark but here goes...GA>WA

ABN173

I know this is a long shot, I have a shipping quote of $1200 already but I figured it was worth a posting. I had planned on driving my CUCV from FT Benning, GA to FT Lewis, WA at the end of this month but due to a accident
(see http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=29528) I may be changing those plans and will just drive one vehicle up and help the wife out as she has never pulled a trailer before. Let me know if anyone can assist or has suggestions.

Thanks,
Dale

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think 1200 is a super deal for that distance...i couldnt do it for 5 times that amount.

Might wanna try Waggoneers trucking here in Columbus, never know they may have something going that way.

Heck..wish I knew you were here in Columbus...we could have gotten together!:!:

madsam

Are you sure it can't drive? I have driven an 89 Jeep that was rolled and has a bent frame for about 10k miles with no issue one tire ware.

Last edited:

DanMartin

When are you planning on doing this? We've been getting a *lot* of snow/ice/bad weather on the west coast here lately....not a good time to attempt to cross the 3 or 4 mountain ranges between there and here....especially towing a trailer.

ABN173

I think 1200 is a super deal for that distance...i couldnt do it for 5 times that amount.

Might wanna try Waggoneers trucking here in Columbus, never know they may have something going that way.

Heck..wish I knew you were here in Columbus...we could have gotten together!:!:
I will be back in Columbus, I am keeping my home here and plan to work on FT Benning once I retire in a few years.

Dale

ABN173

When are you planning on doing this? We've been getting a *lot* of snow/ice/bad weather on the west coast here lately....not a good time to attempt to cross the 3 or 4 mountain ranges between there and here....especially towing a trailer.
Dan,

I agree it is for this reason I will take a Southern route headed West until I reach Cali then I will head North from there. Hopefully I will avoid any major issues this way. Unfortunately I had a choice......a. PCS now if I wanted to go to 1st SF GRP or b. risk stop loss at my current assignment. I picked option a. since I been trying to get up there for awhile now. But I will be headed that way end of January, beginning of February

Dale

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks