• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shreveport Louisiana to Louisville Kentucky

Numbers

Anyone near Shreveport want to haul a Weasel (will fit into the bed of a deuce) to Louisville Kentucky from Shreveport Louisiana ?

PM me for contact info and directions.

Numbers

Thanks for the offer.

Working out the details right now. Would prefer haul from Shreveport to Louisville. I will consider Georgia if left with no options.

Is there any options for placing the Weasel in the back of a rental truck ? My Deuce is a roadworthy deuce but it is not DAV friendly at the moment.

Alredneck

Banned
What is your time frame on this, if it can wait to the first of the month then I can bring it to you in KY. I have a tire contract at Fort Polk and it wouldnt be far out the way to north LA to get it then bring it to KY. Gotta to be back in OH around the same time anyway. If this works out for your schedule I can bring it to you for a $1.25 a loaded mile. ( that SS members only rates and hard to find anything cheaper. It would be trailered on my gooseneck and insured at no extra cost ( another SS member benefit ) Just pm me if you want and we can work things out. Thanks Captain

Numbers

Alredneck: It can wait until the first of the month.

Frodo: The idea for the Weasel came from the work of British inventor Geoffrey Pyke in support of his proposals to attack Axis forces and industrial installations in Norway. Pyke's plan to hamper the German atomic weapons development became Project Plough for which he proposed a fast light mechanised device that would transport small groups of commando troops across snow. In active service in Europe, Weasels were used to supply frontline troops over difficult ground when wheeled vehicles were immobilised.

Pyke was the inventor who suggested the construction of gigantic aircraft carriers from ice (known as pykrete).

Here is one of the many variants of a Weasel:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dang...I wanna weasel!! If you can get that rascal to Columbus, Georgia I will bring it to Louisville, KY free...after I admire it til...oh say...May 2010?? My family lives about 1 1/2 hours from Louisville.
Guess that's too long though...:cry:

Numbers

Rose bushes are fine, just make sure she is pruning them when you do :)

Nope, she is further south than you are right now. Thanks for the offer anyways.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks