• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side rails/Troop Seats

SixBuy

Does anyone know what the side rails/troop seats are made of on my 70/90 (Tooele) Kaiser ? Looks like a very close grained wood, sort of like teak. I was wondering if sanding, sealing with a spar var, and painting over that is a good/bad idea. They appear to have been painted with black/white swirl patterns. Comments?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been told that they used different types of wood. I have seen red oak. I cut apart a set of troop seats that were worn out and brought the wood to the lumber yard and the guy there told me it was red oak. It was definitely red in color. I actually thought it was redwood, but I was told it was oak.

My recommendation...buy a set of fiberglass troop seats rather than build a set. Been there...done that...too much work considering you can find the troopseats for $75 a side.

JohnnyReb

haven't heard from sixbuy so they are yours...

Actually have two sets: just purchased two more M35A2's for conversion to a crane truck(with Bruce"s help!) and another that my nephew wants to convert to a dump. We are going to pick them up in the next 10 days...Don't need the troop seats for either purpose.

We will be coming through Atl. on the return trip. Want to meet us in that vicinity?

rdixiemiller

Give me a buzz on my cell phone. 770-301-9991. I can meet you up there with just a little notice.
Do you have a golf cart? I have quite a few tires and wheels for them.
Quite a few 12" ATV tires on Yamaha wheels as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks