• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Skytrak 6000m attachments

ColdMike

I have a Skytrak or Sky Trak 6000m. I want to put a quick attach conversion on it so I can use rental grapple buckets or other attachments.

Anyone have experiance with this? I'm not familiar with hydraulic flows and pressures, do you see any redflags using a grapple bucket with the OEM hydraulics?

Thanks all!

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ColdMike, I put a skidsteer-style quick attach adapter on my military Terex TM51-19, which is a 13,500lbs telehandler. It is pretty handy to switch out forks, rock buckets, standard buckets, etc. I also have a grapple but there were two issues using it on my little telehandler- the weight of the GrabTec GDX grapple is about 2000 lbs and the hydraulics at the end of the boom do not have the volume of flow needed to make it work. I think your Skytrak is a heavier machine and could handle the weight better. The lower flow of hydraulic oil would reduce the cycle time and gripping force for a grapple. Good luck with your project! Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks