• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slant back c pillar measurements

Overboard

I have a 1045a2 and the c pillar is just a tube, I need the c pillar for a slant back, I know flea bay has them but looking at it I can't see it being hard or expensive to manufacture instead of spending over $700. Is there anyone that could give me the measurements off of theirs? I would greatly appriecate it.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ummm, I had 60 of them Mfg’d , I sold them for $650ea, ive got one left...if you think they are easy to make, have at it.
its not just a round tube, it’s got a specific crush that requires a specific die And at the same time not crush the remaining 6 or so inches of the round end of the tube. Then there is the skin, that an entirely different conversation.
What you have is what GovPlanet stuck in there for next to nothing, it’s worthless because without the crush and skin, you have no place for the hatch seal to seal out the elements.
My units are So good, that once painted and set along side an OEM unit, it’s impossible to tell them apart.
the current eBay units have had some serious complaints of not fitting right and require cutting and grindin.

BLK HMMWV

Ummm, I had 60 of them Mfg’d , I sold them for $650ea, ive got one left...if you think they are easy to make, have at it.
its not just a round tube, it’s got a specific crush that requires a specific die And at the same time not crush the remaining 6 or so inches of the round end of the tube. Then there is the skin, that an entirely different conversation.
What you have is what GovPlanet stuck in there for next to nothing, it’s worthless because without the crush and skin, you have no place for the hatch seal to seal out the elements.
My units are So good, that once painted and set along side an OEM unit, it’s impossible to tell them apart.
the current eBay units have had some serious complaints of not fitting right and require cutting and grindin.
What he said

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased other reverse engineered manufactured parts from RWH, and the quality was outstanding.

I would consider his offer to sell you what you need.

IMHO

Overboard

Well I know enough to get myself in trouble most times and i believe you when you say that manufacturing this would be a pain. Can you message me contact info.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I know enough to get myself in trouble most times and i believe you when you say that manufacturing this would be a pain. Can you message me contact info.
You can PM him. I also think he has contact info listed when you click his avatar

BLK HMMWV

I purchased other reverse engineered manufactured parts from RWH, and the quality was outstanding.

I would consider his offer to sell you what you need.

IMHO
I'm not sure he offered to sell it. He said he had sold them in the past for $650 and had one of the 60 he had made left .
That was a few years back if I remember correctly.
But I'd send he a message it wouldn't hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks