• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slantback cargo door forward latch caution.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent part of yesterday replacing the dry rotted cargo door seal. Reviewed the applicable TM maintenance procedure beforehand and it specifically stated to only raise the hatch from the rear. It sure seemed like it would be easier replacing the forward portion of the seal with the forward cargo opened up. But the TM -10 has a caution note stating do not raise the cargo door from the front. My question then is why install a forward inside hatch latch and handle? My truck even has a pull strap which would aid in closing or opening.

Autonomy_Lost

All I can say is make 100% sure that both of the rear latches are FULLY engaged before attempting to open it from the top. If one of them is not fully engaged, the whole door will come off and you'll have a heck of a time getting it back on.

Also, make sure you have both of the struts installed and they are in good working order. My humvee almost killed me when the door collapsed on my head.

Just be careful, the hatch is crazy heavy.