• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some Fuel Filter Questions and comments about my terrible week.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this is truly a lifter problem, you need to replace it immediately before Diesel fuel gets beyond the diaphragm and thins out the oil and you score your cylinders and bearings or even seize the engine.
That’s impossible, the vent on an m998 before the mods were done would contaminate the closest geared hub and maybe the front diff.
After the mods to the vent system, the excess fuel is sent back to the fuel tank filler neck in an isolated vent line dedicated the fuel pump vent.

Reactions: 98G

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Since this thread is now something of a repository of fuel system info, above is the video showing lift pump replacement including the plate.

The two fuel pump bolts are 7/16. The threaded fuel hose nut is 5/8.

I'm an idiot and left the switch on so it's stranded where I left it and I'm working on it in direct sun :(

Lift pump is out. The plate is still in place. Any difficulties and I'll just pull the plate as well.

Hopefully I'll be updating this with further progress later this evening.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Since this thread is now something of a repository of fuel system info, above is the video showing lift pump replacement including the plate.

The two fuel pump bolts are 7/16. The threaded fuel hose nut is 5/8.

I'm an idiot and left the switch on so it's stranded where I left it and I'm working on it in direct sun :(

Lift pump is out. The plate is still in place. Any difficulties and I'll just pull the plate as well.

Hopefully I'll be updating this with further progress later this evening.
Don't ya HATE when ya do something, THEN realize you could've done it different/better? UGH! I feel for ya, in plumbing, that can be quite often. Looking forward to the update!!