• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Someone is gettin a HEMTT! =)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the local fuel station yesterday and was greatly surprised! I have been there innumerable times but this was the first time there was a HEMTT present! =) She appears to be completely refurbished by Oshkosh. New tires, hoses, plastic covered seats, etc etc The cab even had that "new car" smell ;-) I know the gentleman who owns the rig that is hauling her, but he was no where to be found. They are smaller than I remember, maybe cause I am bigger than I used to be? :roll: Ya think that they would miss her? I mean, what's a HEMTT between pals, right? Maybe she's lonely? Needs a good and caring home? Ok, ok, it isn't goin to happen.:deadhorse: I hope and pray that she serves well wherever she is headed! Someone's life could depend upon it. Hope ya enjoyed the pics
God bless!
Tony:-D

Attachments

Army Ed

thats a new A4.....Cat motor instead of the Detriot...other changes...already have a safety message on em,they run the fuel lines across the starter P post..rubs then wammo..Fire..lol

Army Ed

i have the new IETM right heere in front of me..lol...gimme a min to load it uo and i can tell ya anything u want to know about it...lol

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
so, is this electric drive like a train engine, if so just what we need, rocket science in the middle of the battlefield

Army Ed

its got a cat motor in it.the side have the radiators instead of behind the cab and the inside doesnt have the hump for the radiator cooling.Its different but the same..lol...next time i go to our other shop ill take some pics of em.

so, is this electric drive like a train engine, if so just what we need, rocket science in the middle of the battlefield
Yes, The diesel engine has no mechanical connection to the drive train. I believe there is alot more advantages to this then disadvantages. Heres a few:

Truck can be used as a generator to power buildings when not needed to haul.

Can run on battery power alone for near silent running, or if engine trouble for limited distance.

Can run on one electric motor if either or both of the others are damaged

Quick swap out of the powerpack.

I would also speculate that it has better axle articulation due to no drive shafts.
And because of the electric motors it would have 100% of its torque available at all times even from a dead stop.

I think it also has regenerative braking to save fuel consumption and increase brake life.

Im sure theres more too.

dma251

It's hardly rocket science. This system has been tested and retested for the last 10 years... Not to mention that it's being used in city busses all over the world for years. I'd say it's more like a situation of the military finally catching up to the rest of the world....

Besides, this truck is so much more versatile then the old hemtts...

Stalwart

A nearly unstoppable truck but it would be better with wheel mounted motors, the outer wheels could be individually commanded to turn faster through a turn.

southdave

Can we call it PRIUS then? lol Maybe I getting old? but this kinda outrageous. 1st they change the deisel forumla ,bitch about the mileage so after spending a billion on the whole program ect.. we have a truck that is un EMP harden in a part of the world that is according to the news and media at large in taming with thethoughts of a nuke. not to mention it made out copper it might of well be made of of gold along with batteries that have manufactured in china or major component. now we have and EPA in the middle of this. What are doing? I feel like we the guy with four kids that live in a trailer and I just bought a Camero SS. and talk about your heat signiture OMG. steath my buttock it a truck

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks