• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soon to be a First time owner of an M35A3

Eliteweapons

I just wanted to say I am buying an M35A3 next week and will be making a long trip back home to Maryland. I will be a first time owner of an M35 so any advice that you could give me to take on the trip would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes I am reading the operations manual for it already.

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Luck with your trip ! sounds like ADVENTURE time . Is this A3 on the road ??? The M35A3 is not a hard MV to master ,BUT , with that being said , The biggest issue I have with a used A3 is tires that went flat because of the CRAP CTIS system , which then have a tendency to Blow Out on the highway . Let us not forget the QUAD rings !!! on the wheel bearings . Items to take include everything on the Bii list , plus 15w40 Rotella , dexron for trans , silicone brake fluid , 12 ton jack , 1 1/2 " socket for the wheel lugs and a BIG breaker bar !!!! Have you driven a big vehicle before ? Check ALL fluids before your trip and most of all a CC with a good credit line if you need a tow off the highway . PM me I can fill you in on a lot of items I left out . Good luck Bob k

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A3s are neat and easy to drive. As stated, tires are the biggest liability. Hopefully the truck has been kept road worthy. They are relatively slow for todays highways, maybe plan secondary high ways routes.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GET ALL THE TMs, READ ALL THE TMs PRIOR TO PICKUP, BRING TMs WITH YOU WHEN YOU DO THE PICKUP!!!!!!!! If this is your first larger truck you DO NEED to be a little familiar with what makes this truck work and even more importantly what makes it NOT work and how to fix these possible NOT working conditions!!!
KK

Eliteweapons

The first sprint :)grin:) will be 14 hours about. The second run will be about 9 hours. this truck is privately owned and taken care of so it should be an event free drive. Yes I will be driving it back.:tank:

Last edited:

MAdams

Keep both hands on the wheel while driving and keep your left elbow away from the door. If you hit a bump your elbow might smash into the door and it hurts like ****. Plan on 45mph the whole trip. Check all 6 tires for proper pressure. Dont let the e brake handle sodomize you when exiting the truck. Make sure the mirrors are property adjusted before heading out.

steelandcanvas

Dont let the e brake handle sodomize you when exiting the truck. Make sure the mirrors are property adjusted before heading out.
Eliteweapons: Or rip your shorts off...when the left leg gets caught on the handle as you're stepping off the running board. Don't ask us how we know this.

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It also depends on the tire size as to how fast you will be going, I've driven them Ohio to Virginia and back, also Kentucky and back. I've towed other deuces home on the West va turnpike!!! Remember, Its all good!!

Monkeyboyarmy

If it's all stock, it's 53 mph flat and level. So make sure all of your lights work and especially your 4 way flashers. You will be using them a lot on hills. Check the tires for dry rot. There's been many stories about tires blowing out on these if they are the original 14.5-20 Michelins.

Eliteweapons

If it's all stock, it's 53 mph flat and level. So make sure all of your lights work and especially your 4 way flashers. You will be using them a lot on hills. Check the tires for dry rot. There's been many stories about tires blowing out on these if they are the original 14.5-20 Michelins.
On my way back with it and it is losing power on the hills. It was runnibg great. Was keeping at 50 mph at 2600 rpm. Barwly limping along rt 60 now. Any suggestions

Eliteweapons

Thats what it looks like. The fuel looked red and a friend said it may be algae. We barely made it to simmons hardware on rt 60 in missouri this moring putting up the hills at 5 mph. Now gotta find some filters and a way to get em

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel filter is a standard spin on , pick it up a NAPA , L/S rear of engine . good luck .

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not use a IMPROV filter , it could cause you to get some CLOGGED injectors and that would be UGLY and a BIG PITA ...... and costly !!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks