• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spacer block size for Bobbed Deuce

Avn-Tech

Group,

I have tried to search the database for info and found two different answers.

I am helping Shannon Deese bob his deuce and need the dimensionfor the rear spring blocks. I have seen 3" & 4 " listed, So should the blocks be 3" or 4 ". I also need the width of the block for the machinest.

Thanks
Avn-Tech

100dollarman

The front springs are desirable, but we have done several with blocks too. 4" tall is what we make them. I make them with "ears" so they cannot move, and I think it gives them a bit of support. Also- since these pics were taken, I have been using 3/4" u-bolts instead of 5/8".

Not 100% sure of the legalities-- but I believe a 4" block in the rear is legal everywhere.

I have offroaded the block set-up with little to no axle wrap on a bobbed Deuce on some of the most treacherous rock crawl trails anywhere. (The "Hammers")

Here are a couple of pics-

Attachments

Hammer

I copied ^^^ for lift blocks. No problems yet.

I have the 3/4" U bolts, but used the lower brackets from the dog bone. Everything bolts up, and if I ever get the front shock setup, it will bolt in place of the current lower bracket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks