• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sparta/Fort McCoy Preview/Pickup/Storage

JBL

I live in Sparta, WI and work at Fort McCoy, WI and have 14 years experience with every vehicle the military makes. I am able to preview the items and make educated suggestions if the vehicle you are interested in is worth purchasing. I can pick-up, haul, and store for a very reasonable rate. With my 14 years experience operating and maintaining military vehicles, I am very knowledgeable on the repair of every military vehicle at every level of maintenance.

I am very reasonable on price and have references available.

Please PM, text or call 262-227-2967.

Thanks.
Jeff

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should get a premium membership and post your ad in the classifieds.
He could, but he does not need to.

Nothing wrong with his offer to help.

JBL, Please tell us a little more about yourself. Do you own any MVs? Are you interested in our hobby or is this more of a business venture? In the past, people on this site are a bit leary of offers out of the blue. I prefer to get to know someone on this site a little before I trust that person with a transaction. Many on this site have been burned by the unknown new guy. I see you offer references, are any of them members here?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DRG, are you the Wisconsin Inquisition?

No need to interrogate a new member, is there?

Since your well established, I assume you do not need his help, so why ask for his background?

There's no need to reply.

Just a thought, maybe he reposted because you guys derailed his last thread. Who cares how bad Poof smells.

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the gentleman that removed my 1009 from McCoy on supershort notice when I was sweating transportation. He went the extra mile to fix a flat, update me and the mrs. on every defect on the vehicle. I recommend Jeff for removal from McCoy. I drove my M1009 home 200 miles after his inspection no problems. Thanks Jeff.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JBL, Please tell us a little more about yourself. Do you own any MVs? Are you interested in our hobby or is this more of a business venture? In the past, people on this site are a bit leary of offers out of the blue. I prefer to get to know someone on this site a little before I trust that person with a transaction. Many on this site have been burned by the unknown new guy. I see you offer references, are any of them members here?
1 Here. I'd think it was a combination of business and hobby. This gent is a miltary guy, has a nice shop truck(1008? with shop back) will store the vehicle after getting it off McCoy for a short time. Seems like the real deal to me, never failed to offer me help if anything goes wrong. I took a chance and he came through.

DRG, are you the Wisconsin Inquisition?

No need to interrogate a new member, is there?

Since your well established, I assume you do not need his help, so why ask for his background?

There's no need to reply.

Just a thought, maybe he reposted because you guys derailed his last thread. Who cares how bad Poof smells.
I can ask, can't I? I would like to know a little more about the guy since I do recommend people on this site. As for a matter of fact, I did give him as a lead to 1 patriot-of-many.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Thanks Jeff. Of course "references" are nice, but I for one appreciate the offer. Anytime the "bidder" is away from the auction, always a great asset to have a proxy in place! I will keep you in mind for the "northern" events!
God bless,
Tony:D

grunex125

Sir:
I will speak for Jeff......I recommend him highly as Jeff is the man that helped me to bring my 5 ton dumper home. He is legitimate guys.....the real deal!!!! I've never seen someone grab ahold of the situation so efficiently and with so much knowledge. Anyone can call me on my cell at 1-507-291-6483 to talk with me directly. I'm not afraid to list my cell here as what he says is 100% truthful, and anyone who needs assistance with driving or with prepping a vehicle for the ride home is in good hands with Jeff.

grunex125

I live in Sparta, WI and work at Fort McCoy, WI and have 14 years experience with every vehicle the military makes. I am able to preview the items and make educated suggestions if the vehicle you are interested in is worth purchasing. I can pick-up, haul, and store for a very reasonable rate. With my 14 years experience operating and maintaining military vehicles, I am very knowledgeable on the repair of every military vehicle at every level of maintenance.

I am very reasonable on price and have references available.

Please PM, text or call 262-227-2967.

Thanks.
Jeff
Hey Jeff...........wife says HI and sorry she missed meeting you the other week...... the offer still stands for you and the missus if you ever make it back to Winona look us up.

camp9

I hired Jeff to look over a M813 I had bought at McCoy, check fluids, lights, and just give it a once over to make sure there was nothing major wrong with it before I drove 6 hours to pick it up. He did a great job, and I highly recommend him if anyone need help with the auction items there. Thanks Jeff for all then help and a pleasure meeting you today. [thumbzup]

grunex125

I hired Jeff to look over a M813 I had bought at McCoy, check fluids, lights, and just give it a once over to make sure there was nothing major wrong with it before I drove 6 hours to pick it up. He did a great job, and I highly recommend him if anyone need help with the auction items there. Thanks Jeff for all then help and a pleasure meeting you today. [thumbzup]

Hey camp9 just gotta ask did you just buy that truck this past week at fort McCoy? I see they had a dump there as well, was wondering what that dump was like. I see GL had it running and moved it ahead, but in general I'm just wondering what kind of "good deal" I missed out on. the one that I am referring to is the 20ton truck. I think it must have been a 917 with a 400 Cummins and a 7155 automatic trans. ( I think it was a 7155 anyway)

RetiredNavy

I have JBL in my list of contacts for just in case. Sometimes you never know when a person really needs the help, escpecially if time is running out.

dozer1

Hey camp9 just gotta ask did you just buy that truck this past week at fort McCoy? I see they had a dump there as well, was wondering what that dump was like. I see GL had it running and moved it ahead, but in general I'm just wondering what kind of "good deal" I missed out on. the one that I am referring to is the 20ton truck. I think it must have been a 917 with a 400 Cummins and a 7155 automatic trans. ( I think it was a 7155 anyway)

I think it was around 5200 or so. You prob got the 817 a little cheaper.....................................OOOOOH I MEAN 52000.00 :lol:

camp9

Yep, $52,000. We drove right past it, it was cherry. I don't know if that price was a good deal or not, but I don't think you would find any nicer just by looking at it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks