• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Special tools/Eastwood Bender

rustystud

Well I just got my new bender tool from "Eastwood" and it works great !
I thought I would share what I did today with it.
I'm in the process of getting my truck ready for my great expedition and I needed to remount my "Hi-Lift" jack. The old brackets where rusting, so I thought "why not make them out of Stainless Steel" . Well bending stainless steel, even 1/8" is a real pain ! So I took the brackets I cut out to several machine shops around here, and all wanted nothing to do with bending it. That just left me with using my vise and a large hammer. I don't like the look of brackets made that way. They usually come out looking like crap.
So I found this new metal bender from "Eastwood" that can bend up to 3/8" steel 4" wide. I bought it and it works great. Here's a link to the tool. https://www.eastwood.com/4-inch-metal-bender.html
Here's some pictures of the brackets I made today.

007.jpg012.jpg013.jpg006.jpg014.jpg015.jpg

Since I'm always making little brackets and such for my deuce, this unit will be invaluable to me.

Last edited:

77 AMG

Ah, Eastwood Company. How they have expanded my body tool collection! i have 2 of the spot welders (floor standing and the MIG into spot welder thing), Both are very handy around the shop. I also have the master pick, hammer and dolly set.

rustystud

Ah, Eastwood Company. How they have expanded my body tool collection! i have 2 of the spot welders (floor standing and the MIG into spot welder thing), Both are very handy around the shop. I also have the master pick, hammer and dolly set.

I like the fact that they sell good tools and supplies at reasonable prices. Yes you can go the really cheap "Harbor Freight" way. Or go the extremely expensive way. This company though lets me buy decent quality items at a decent price.

jasonjc

I've got there brake line flaring tool it's great. It seems if you put stuff in your shopping cart and take them out and back in and leave them there , you will start to see sale ads for the same thing popup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks