• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spindle bushings

whyme

well saturn sent me spindle bushings instead of king pin bushings so has ayone done these before? they are a little warn so might as well but i havent seen any info on it and still cant get the TM's (little frustrated, maybe time to buy them)

just wondering if anyone has pointers, yes it needs to be pressed out but do i need something special to do it or am i missing the obvious here?

whyme

Honestly I've tried that link nearly every time I've seen it posted but always get the "cannot load page" error. I just assumed it was a dead link as most of the threads where kinda old.

Maybe just my computer? I wouldn't have thought so but...

Edit: interestingly enough it loads on my phone, maybe I can download the file and throw it on the pc when I get home.

Last edited:

jwaller

I replaced mine. I had bushing drivers so it was easy. without them you will damage the bushings and need more to replace them. very very careful and most new ones don't have the grease lube grooves that original ones have. they are supposed to be better but I don't see how.

same goes for the spindle bushings. spindle bushings can be done without the drivers as you can use the adapter itself as a driver.

G-Force

I'm confused.......or maybe its because I'm not reading this with my beer goggles on but......these kingpin bushings are the bushings for the front end steering correct??? So if you ordered king pin bushings......and you got spindle bushings......whcih I'm assuming go on the pivot pin for the tandems in the back??? Is this correct??? Please clarify because I'm not understanding or I'm missing something here....besides a cold one......

whyme

I'm confused.......or maybe its because I'm not reading this with my beer goggles on but......these kingpin bushings are the bushings for the front end steering correct??? So if you ordered king pin bushings......and you got spindle bushings......whcih I'm assuming go on the pivot pin for the tandems in the back??? Is this correct??? Please clarify because I'm not understanding or I'm missing something here....besides a cold one......

not that im aware of, they go inside the spindle that the bearings ride on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks