• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spining Turbo

EdMontana

I have one Deuce that after I stop the engine I can hear the turbo blades spin down for at least 3~4 seconds after, a dry spin noise, this is the only one with a whistler turbo........the other Deuces don't do that

What gives? bad bearing? bad turbo assy?

Thanks,
Ed

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You have better ears than I do as far as I know the Army told us to idle all trucks for five minutes before shut down to allow the turbo to slow down are you following this guidance?

I think they all free wheel for a few seconds and the way to tell is a solid wooden dowel pressed to the turbo bearings while running and then to your ear you will hear the bearings and if they are bad they will be making a real racket rather than a smooth rolling sound.

jwaller

the turbo will continue to spin after you shut the engine down. the length of time depends on the condition of the turbo and it's bearing specs. idle if for a minute to slow it down and longer if you have run her hard.

the long idle time(5min) that is given on the data plate is to cool it down (engine oil) if you have run it hard.

the turbo will return to it's slowest idle speed within a few seconds of the engine making idle speed.

kaiser m35

I have one Deuce that after I stop the engine I can hear the turbo blades spin down for at least 3~4 seconds after, a dry spin noise, this is the only one with a whistler turbo........the other Deuces don't do that

What gives? bad bearing? bad turbo assy?

Thanks,
Ed
this also is smart four bottleworx

sorry four the off topic but read this tread.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=25161

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks