• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sprag clutch assembly

Ajax MD

No. In fact, someone has done it within the last few months. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Lovetofix

Does any one know how to get the spring back in the sprag clutch?? I got it in once but it popped out again as I was trying to put it back on the shaft.
You can be glad the spring popping out kept you from getting it back together. A bunch of your “wedges” are in upside down. I have done this successfully on my M817 and it works perfectly now. It takes a lot of patience and VERY close inspection of each piece. If the spring is popping out you usually still have one or more of the wedges in wrong.
Then when you are putting each half onto the shaft, you use the middle separating ring to hold it together any time you move either half or the spring will pop out if you bump it or touch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonjc

You can be glad the spring popping out kept you from getting it back together. A bunch of your “wedges” are in upside down. I have done this successfully on my M817 and it works perfectly now. It takes a lot of patience and VERY close inspection of each piece. If the spring is popping out you usually still have one or more of the wedges in wrong.
Then when you are putting each half onto the shaft, you use the middle separating ring to hold it together any time you move either half or the spring will pop out if you bump it or touch it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

After looking at the wedges I see what you mean. They even have a like a hook to them to hold the spring.20210106_171910.jpg20210106_171910.jpg20210106_171930.jpg

Attachments

Lovetofix

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

After looking at the wedges I see what you mean. They even have a like a hook to them to hold the spring.
You’ve got it now! Glad I could help a little. Also I want to thank you for your thread with the Napa part numbers for the M105, bolster, and M1061 trailer brake cylinder parts. Saved me a ton of time this morning!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks