• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spring dust off in Anderson In.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a spring dust off in Anderson, Indiana planned for 2014?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure with the number of new people that have 5 tons being liquidated at INdy, there are many new, potential members/attendees. I would be one. Sounds fun. Perhaps he needs help.

We had plenty of help last year & it went real smooth. John has a volunteer staff at the museum to help him with stuff. I helped him a bit with the show also. I will get with him later on today & see where we are at with the show.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if there is interest in putting an Indiana group together of some sort? Maybe there is and I haven't come across them. I have an idea for using our museum, along US 31 (easy access and high visibility) for a camp/swap/show if anybody is interested in coming to north Indiana, near US 31 and Tippecanoe river (bring canoe/kayak).

Wow, made "General". Just what submariners want to do.

Last edited:
Well, I like the idea of an Indiana group also. But I'm also involved with the INMVPA and we do quite a bit in the summer months. I did talk to John. He does not have any dates set for the Spring Dustoff just yet so stay tuned! :beer:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked with the Fulton County Museum about having a get together and she suggested that we use the Annual Historical Power Show on June 20-22, 2014, if we want to have a meet/show/swap/camping here in north Indiana. It's on the Tippecanoe river, so you can canoe or kayak too (local rental available).

Easy to get to, plenty of space, primitive camping. Go to www.fultoncountyhistory.org and I'm working on a personal website for putting more info together if there is an interest (www.31ironvets.com. soon to be published).

But I also don't want to step on John's toes or make plans that interfere with anything he does.

Anyone interested? Vendors?

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rob, I see what you are saying about Haspin. I didn't realize the Haspin Rally was in Laural Indiana, so a later fall date may make more sense. Especially if Anderson is happening in spring.

The FC Museum is right along US 31, just north of Tippecanoe river. It's about 14 miles south of US 30. It comes up on Google maps at: 37 E 375 N, Rochester, IN 46975. I live about a mile south of there and have land for a gathering, but little in facility.

[h=3][/h]

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about fall?

Our town Chamber of Commerce sponsors a "Chili Cook-Off" and huge car show in the downtown (I'll confirm date, it's on a Saturday).

The museum grounds are available for our camp, swap and we could convoy through town (of course stopping to check out about 200 hotrods). I will (under the name "Iron Vets") sponsor an entry in the chili competition too. Anyone with military kitchen? I have a cast iron kettle cooker (really big) that we can use and a wood fire gives great taste.

212sparky

End of September is Haspin fall run. Then second week of October is Georgia rally. May want to start a new thread for your event. Our is a good idea you have, hate to see participation fall sure to other events.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even Haspin is a stretch for my 5 ton. I may make it... but not the MV truck. I definitely won't make Georgia.

I was hoping to provide a central location for us far enough north that prefer not to drive so far. Suggestions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks