• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

St. Louis MO area, Anyone need a parade driver?

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
My pal Rob used to enjoy driving my M35A2 in the local Memorial Day parades. He has since moved to St. Charles, Mo. If anyone has more than one vehicle and is in need of a driver I'm sure Rob would be happy to do it. I have know Rob since high school. If interested give him a call, or email me (Rob has far better people skills)

Robs number
(315) 516 zero 219

Here is a picture of Rob.

Back story- Rob started using my truck around 2009. For the next 3 years Rob made the 3 hour drive to Fine, NY, to fetch his uncle John J. La France (1922-2011). JJ was a POW in WWII, 82nd Airborne (paratrooper), POW on June 6th 1944 (D Day). JJ was in a assisted living home, a recluse, and estranged from his family. JJ really enjoyed the parades, opened up, and reconnected with his family before he left us. A couple of years Rob also gathered up some 10th Mountain soldier pals and had them ride in the parade as well. One year I was amused, looking into the rear view mirror, with Rob in the deuce behind my 5t, to see the crew loading up during the middle of the parade.

Attachments

Last edited:

seventh

My pal Rob used to enjoy driving my M35A2 in the local Memorial Day parades. He has since moved to St. Charles, Mo. If anyone has more than one vehicle and is in need of a driver I'm sure Rob would be happy to do it. I have know Rob since high school. If interested give him a call, or email me (Rob has far better people skills)

Robs number
(315) 516 zero 219

Here is a picture of Rob.

Back story- Rob started using my truck around 2009. For the next 3 years Rob made the 3 hour drive to Fine, NY, to fetch his uncle John J. La France (1922-2011). JJ was a POW in WWII, 82nd Airborne (paratrooper), POW on June 6th 1944 (D Day). JJ was in a assisted living home, a recluse, and estranged from his family. JJ really enjoyed the parades, opened up, and reconnected with his family before he left us. A couple of years Rob also gathered up some 10th Mountain soldier pals and had them ride in the parade as well. One year I was amused, looking into the rear view mirror, with Rob in the deuce behind my 5t, to see the crew loading up during the middle of the parade.
Thanks Jim. Just heard of your passing and it really hurts. I wish I wasn't so wrapped up in my crazy Missouri world so I could have spent some more time with you. Thanks for everything you have done,for allowing me tribute to my Uncle,and for buying the whole pile of 10th mountain boys some dinner. You and I are veterans for veterans.If anyone needs a driver my new number is 636 248 3951.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks