• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter: M35A2 vs Delco 40mt 12t (on Cat D4D)?

davidb56

Is the M35A2 starter the same as a Delco 40mt 12t ? it looks the same as the one on my Cat D4D dozer. Im buying a new one for the Cat, and thought Id rebuild the old on for a spare.

davidb56

Although they look slightly different, it looks like the 40Mt 12t will fit a lot of military and tractor applications, they come in both 12 and 24vdc and changing the bendix to a 11t or 12t is simple. I rebuilt mine with a 35$ kit including 8 brushes, bushings, brake, and a seal ( Tractor has a wet clutch) . The mounting head can be rotated by removing 6 allen head bolts and rotating it to the desired position. BTW the alternator looks interchangeable too, mine is a 1 wire type 24vdc. Too bad the Cat alternator cost as much as a M35A2 alternator. But the starter is half the price for under 250$ on line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks