• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting issues on a m923a1, looking for additional thoughts/suggestions

peecook

Truck has been running fine, no issues with the starter clicking or anything longer than 3 seconds for the truck to start, until a week ago. Here's a list of what I've done and what I plan to do on Monday evening. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Batteries are less than 2 months old.

* Verified batteries wired in series for 24v system, and checked clamp connections.
* Removed battery kill switch and extra battery cable.
* Checked main leads for 12v ( blower ) operation and main 24v supply leads to truck.
* Checked operation of other electrical systems on truck and found they had power.
* Checked main power feed to starter and found 24v.
* Checked ground cables from starter and engine block to frame and found good grounds.
* Checked to make sure neutral safety switch operating properly and found normal operation
* Checked for power going to aftermarket key assembly.
* Found key assembly operates a coil interrupting control wire to starter solenoid. Verified coil operates, drops 24v across the control side, 0v drop across the switch side.
* With battery switch on, and engine switch to start, found no power on solenoid control wire

Plan for Monday

Check for power to engine start switch
Check for continuity through switch when held in start position.
Check for continuity through protection box

To start truck without engine start switch, jumper 24v power from control side of coil to the switch side to engage starter.

thenext44

Doubt same problem but my no start problem was solved by replacing a ground wire coming off the lower solenoid inside the power control box. I replace the lower solenoid at same time since it was only $25
2.jpg1.JPG

peecook

I was hoping that it was the solenoid, since it sounds like an easier fix. But thinking through it now, the problem is pre solenoid, I'm not getting power to it on the control side.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doubt same problem but my no start problem was solved by replacing a ground wire coming off the lower solenoid inside the power control box. I replace the lower solenoid at same time since it was only $25
View attachment 518821View attachment 518820
Whats the part number of the replacement relay/solinoid you installed?
I have two PCBs needing replacements.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks