• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering column bearings

blackhueys

Anyone ever rebuild the steering column? Mine has a lot of slop right where the bottom bearing is so I am looking to see if anyone has ever replaced the bottom bearing? This is in a 1009

blackhueys

well tore into it today with using the tm it was not bad did have to pull the column out though about half hour to do that ordered up new from local dealer should have it tomorrow the very bottom one was missing two ball bearings!! the rest are still good.

blackhueys

whenever I would take off i could see and feel the steering wheel move up and down also under hood I could grab the shaft (hey no funny stuff now) and move it up and down and side to side about 1 or 2 16ths on an inch. After removing the old bearing found out 2 of the balls in it where gone. got the new one in much much better. the other bearings where still good so left them alone. The bearing part number from the dealer is 7805700 about 30 bucks not cheap but it is for your steering and I don't skip on steering parts. could be done in vehicle but way easier if you pull the column about a half hour job for me. Just follow the tm for the steering column maintenance and you should have no issues doing this job make sure to keep everything lined up as you remove it from the shaft as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks