• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Wheel Refinishing?

JDToumanian

Really? Bondo? I've never heard of doing that... How well does it hold up? I've always thought nothing would work as a long lasting repair so I just buy new steering wheels. Now I'm glad I've kept the old ones.

Jon

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dunno. I have a buddy that owns a mechanic shop. The guys that share the building he is in restore old 50s chevys, fords, and dodges. I have seen them do the steering wheels like that. Thats all the info I have. I'm pretty sure this topic has come up before, might try searching, as much as I hate to say it. :)

Heavysteven

I did not even think there was a way to fix a cracked steering wheel. Good to know If some one does this repair please post a photo. My only concern would be the level of quality.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the input and yes I did a search but thanks for not mentioning it. :) I too, had not heard of Bondo so I will keep that in mind. I was wondering what the best type of paint would be?

dittle

I used an epoxy like wikallen suggested (not the same stuff, some stuff from NAPA), let it dry, sanded it down smooth and then painted the steering wheel. I would use some of the 5 minute set up stuff if you're just using it to fill the cracks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks