• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock M37 Battery Cable Questions

In a stock configuration on an M37, is the positive lead supposed to be the shorter lead or the longer lead? Also, what kind of cable ends were originally affixed to the end of the battery leads? My current setup is so, um...... 'custom', shall we say? that I am having a difficult time figuring this out...:roll:

kc8sfq

The pos cable goes from the batt, through the front wall of the bat box and down through the floor (outside the batt box but inside the seat box), over the frame, across the top of the tranny to the starter. The neg cable goes right next to the pos cable through the batt box and floor then to the frame. At each bulkhead (box, floor etc.) they run through fairleads to protect from chafing. The cable ends are crimped on and waterproofed with shrink tube. If he's still around, Kevin at Star Electric can make them for you. If he's reading this.... Hi Kevin.

pwrwagonfire

I believe that the positive end on my battery cable was about 6 ft long...and even with that there was hardly any wiggle room!

The Neg should just go right through the floor and ground out on the frame

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks