• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stowage Extension

Third From Texas

So I saved this pic for a rainy day (not my truck in top image) because I liked the concept's potential for stowage, luggage, motorcycle, etc.

I want to fab a few various decks for it depending on what I'm hauling. And I want it to "go away" so I can still pull my M1082 , car hauler, etc.

I've looked and it's a simple install really. Most everything that makes it work is visible in the pic. I may pursue a bit different roller hardware, but you get the idea.

I forget who did this (think it was an owner from HOU).

92473056_10158237031754530_8296649339988606976_n.jpg

On the M1079 I will have to remove the steel plug that seals off the ladder channel from the rear (it's welded shut on the van's chassis). I'll determine if I want to retain that crossmember bolted up from below of something if needed.

20210510_135432.jpg

Third From Texas

Picked up a couple of these for $150.

One will be for the rear deck as needed for roadtrips.

Intentions are this can be swapped to the front as well (using a dual receiver-type mount).

I love re-tasking stuff and not a civilian in the world will likely ever know that it didn't come with the truck).

LOL

cf2ef9de-1b64-43ba-b54e-92584c94adca.jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I saved this pic for a rainy day (not my truck in top image) because I liked the concept's potential for stowage, luggage, motorcycle, etc.

I want to fab a few various decks for it depending on what I'm hauling. And I want it to "go away" so I can still pull my M1082 , car hauler, etc.

I've looked and it's a simple install really. Most everything that makes it work is visible in the pic. I may pursue a bit different roller hardware, but you get the idea.

View attachment 833985

On the M1079 I will have to remove the steel plug that seals off the ladder channel from the rear (it's welded shut on the van's chassis). I'll determine if I want to retain that crossmember bolted up from below of something if needed.

View attachment 833991
If you build the inside extendable frame with the channels flipped so the flanges face out, you will only need four rollers, but may be better off going with some wide flanged I-beams.

TJ4man

View attachment 833985

View attachment 833991
My M934A1 has a back articulated 'porch'. Similar concept, but different design completely... a hinged, winched, platform that folds up against the back. I am not sure if these porches were an option, as I have only seen other custom solutions, or a 'lift gate' through the Plan B guys. It would be interesting to see how you pull this together.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks