• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stripped a spindle/brake frame double ended thread stud

Micmada

Anyone know what type/size stud are used that hold the brake assembly to the axle? I stripped the stud when I apparently over torqued the nut on it. It is a double ended stud like this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIg7WU-9bo8QIVBr_ICh0ifAk_EAkYBiABEgLOp_D_BwE I could not find the torques in the books either. I used 140 ft-lbs, had seen other use 130 ft-lbs. I ended up going 105 ft-lbs on the rest of them. Since I could not back the nut out, I reinserted the stud with it and torqued it also.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone know what type/size stud are used that hold the brake assembly to the axle? I stripped the stud when I apparently over torqued the nut on it. It is a double ended stud like this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIg7WU-9bo8QIVBr_ICh0ifAk_EAkYBiABEgLOp_D_BwE I could not find the torques in the books either. I used 140 ft-lbs, had seen other use 130 ft-lbs. I ended up going 105 ft-lbs on the rest of them. Since I could not back the nut out, I reinserted the stud with it and torqued it also.
I found a book that has more generic torque specs for bolts by size and thread type. Since you just recently went through the pain, maybe you can look at the attached PDF and see what torque specifications your brake assembly (bolt) might have been? I have rummaged TMs for all kinds of torque specs and found nothing in a lot of cases. This has been my backup plan - rather than not having a number to use.

I am definitely not the all knowing Thor of The Torque Wrench! Just a reasonable place to look...

Micmada

Meritor/axletech # SN-921-1
OK, cool. I think I found some from a distributor but they quote me about $100 per stud.

It looks like they are the same as the PTO stud kit sold at big Mike"s . I will try those first.... Crossing fingers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks