• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Studebaker M35 possible recovery

BikerBi11

Ok, you guys know more about this than I do. Accidently found a Studebaker duce yesterday. It comes with a straight plow as well as a drift plow. I havent seen it yet, but he said it runs good. I am not looking for a gas one, but that is what this one is. I want a miltifuel. about how much do you thiunk a conversion would cost if I did all of the work myself? also, if this truck turns out to be better than average, what do you guys think it might be worth? Thanks for your help!!!

ZackRidesRed

In my experience its always cheaper and easier to buy what you want. But that's not what you asked. I have seen engine/transition/transfercase sell for $1,200. I'm not sure what all you would need for the swap.

BikerBi11

Thanks ZackRidesRed. I am going to look at this truck I think. It is a couple hundred miles from where I live, but curiosity is getting the best of me.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you don't went the gasser, you might give HndrsonJ a shout with the info, he has 2 gassers and lives in Cheyenne wy

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The swap is not difficult but it sure helps having a parts truck near by. The ideal situation would be to find a truck that one of the off roaders bought for the axles and pick up the remains for a song. Somehwere there is a thread on here where someone repowered a gasser deuce wrecker with a multifuel.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The swap is not difficult but it sure helps having a parts truck near by. The ideal situation would be to find a truck that one of the off roaders bought for the axles and pick up the remains for a song. Somehwere there is a thread on here where someone repowered a gasser deuce wrecker with a multifuel.
If I remember about that thread, didn't he have help from another SSer that had a deuce with a crane, I'm so old (almost as old as PB) that it is hard to remember last hour, let a-lone 3 years ago

BikerBi11

Thanks for all of the info guys. well, this is the deal, I went and looked at this truck. think it might be a little more trouble than I want to go through. It does have both plows and they look to be in good shape. The metal on the truck looks good too. He tried to start it while I was there, but the batteries were in poor condition. he said the last time he ran it was last fall. If any of you guys are interested in it, the price he is asking is what I would call good. PM me and I will give you all of the info I have including pics.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks