• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suspension lowering alternatives

ogdobber

I can’t see ever using this, or even know what it is exactly for but has anyone ever repurposed it for something else? Like maybe a jack system for changing tires or possibly for levelling on an overland camper conversion?

Ronmar

Are you refering to the suspension compression system? I am sure it could be used for other things, but I am simply removing mine...

coachgeo

Some one used theirs on their trailer to make their tongue wheel adjustable. I would like to use mine plus two more too suck a wheel or two down. Say one whole side down for side hill traverse (additional safety) or say to suck the back of rig down when going down steep bank.. or opposite (front axle down going up steep bank).

have not thought it fully thru though

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mule Offroad used the spare tire lift cylinder to raise/lower a deck out of the rear enclosure. I assume you could use the suspension hydraulic line instead, to do something similar.

See the video at 4:34, and you can see the hydraulic cylinder repurposed to raise the deck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks