• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sway Bar Extensions

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Off Road Design offers a kit for that. Not trying to tell you what to do, but I removed my sway bar and threw it in the dumpster.

WildMike

Does anyone know where I can get extensions for this type of setup? I’ve looked but only see the other types. It bolts to the leaf spring u-bolt plate, but now it’s about 2” away from bolting to the frame. Any suggestions?
I ordered the kit from Off Road Design and works great. Can easily disconnect for offroad flex, also never thought about springs moving forward and back fighting sway bar. This kit allows forward/backward movement.

Was $100 i have a 6" lift on 35" tires, daily driver. So need to keep sway down much as possible!

Added picture for you from online.

Attachments

Last edited:

JoeJoe_91

I ordered the kit from Off Road Design and works great. Can easily disconnect for offroad flex, also never thought about springs moving forward and back fighting sway bar. This kit allows forward/backward movement.

Was $100 i have a 6" lift on 35" tires, daily driver. So need to keep sway down much as possible!

Added picture for you from online.
Hell yeah, I ended up finding that same one months ago. I have a 6” lift as well as 35s, I love this truck!!! She’s a work in progress.

Attachments

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cross-over steering and a sway bar will not work together. So I took my sway bar off and threw it away. Zero problems and much more articulation.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cross-over steering and a sway bar will not work together. So I took my sway bar off and threw it away. Zero problems and much more articulation.
ORD has come up with a resolution for that... with a M1008 it's probably less of an issue. I have one being delivered Monday or Tuesday... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks