• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Synthetic Winch Rope

LT67

So I took the plunge and ordered a 150ft 5/16 synthetic cable for my winch. Other than keeping it clean, any other pointers on making a synthetic last?

LT67

I ordered a 5/16 150ft winch line last Monday, paid for 2 day shipping and it FINALLY arrived today. Hopefully I'll get it spooled onto the OLD Warn 8274 by the weekend.

FYI- DON'T waste your money on overnite or 2-day shipping. Nobody has the manpower to do that at the moment...

Attachments

Jeepadict

A word of caution, some cats are anaware...first 3 wraps from the point of securement at the drum should only be gloved hand tension, everything after that should be under load. Don't forget your abrasion sleeve and correct fairlead. Also, don't ever hook it back on to itself. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks