• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T Rex Grille

Bighorn

I got tired of looking at the cheap chinese knockoff grille my m1009 had since the incident with the pine tree..
Installed a T Rex grille made in USA!
Very heavy duty polished stainless steel.
I know the purists will hate it.
But i am not allowed to have a plastic grille.
Just don't survive around me for long.
Anyhow, this model does require drilling two 3/16" holes in the top of the radiator support.
But the reward is a grille that can take a whack from a surly pine tree or a blue grouse head on, and keep your radiator intact.
Deer, elk, and rpg's will still scratch your radiator a little bit with this grille.. a little bit.

So i slapped my receiver mount winch on for some eye candy.
Getting ready to install the offroad designs 3" lift next.
Had to let more snow melt first.
That is one gorgeous k5 sitting on the only dry patch of ground for 30 miles.
20180416_162753.jpg20180416_172632.jpg
The T Rex stainless grille.
You could remove it and cook a Tri Tip steak if shtf.

20180416_162626.jpg
The el cheapo grille i replaced.
The original plastic grille died after a pine tree knocked over by snow, pierced it like a lance.
Nearly took out my brand new radiator.
Thus the quest for the grille was on.
Initially put off by the price of T Rex, i bought the el cheapo chinese grille above.
Not good enough...

20180416_162622.jpg
20180416_172543.jpg20180416_172722.jpg
Mucho better amigo.
Thick, strong, radiatior protection and keeps all those ponies the 6.2 has under the hood where they belong.

Last edited:

Drock

grill.jpg The Sheriff's department welded this span metal to the brush guard of my M1028. I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks