• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tag a m116a-2 generator trailer

bones1

What is needed in Maryland, in my case, to register and tag my generator/trailer combo?. If I tell them it's a M116A2 trailer I am sure I will get the deer in the headlights look.

Chrispyny

What is needed in Maryland, in my case, to register and tag my generator/trailer combo?. If I tell them it's a M116A2 trailer I am sure I will get the deer in the headlights look.
I know you asked Md, but in NY where i am, you register at the dmv as a homemade. You run it up to a junk yard with a registered scale, weigh it, obtain receipt with noted weight on paper, go back to dmv and register as home made. Done. NY could care less what it is.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats what I do here too. I grab "home made trailer" paperwork, go to a certified scale, then take that all to the dmv.

Chrispyny

You guys may want to check your state laws. You may be paying licence fees unnecessarily.
Actually, cool!...

I've never registered one of these genset trailers.. buuuut, unless the generator is ON the trailer, it's gonna need to be registered....

My last m116 i sold to a guy who put is dump insert on it. That would definately require a plate.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always take my bill of sale and a weight slip to the tax collector. There may be some issues if the local constable finds you telling fib about it being home made.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks