• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank From Outter Space

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Snapped a couple of quick pics through the fence of the Armor Museum marshalling point this morning.

My buddy wasn't there to let me wander around so I'll just have to make up a story.:roll:

I have given this vehicle the UTLO title (Unidentified Tank Looking Object) until more can be determined.:cool:

It has a red and blue flashing light on top as well as a spotlight.

Didn't see any signs of weapons systems etc. I suspect it has hidden ray guns etc somewhere on/in the flying saucer turret.:grin:

Seriously though...has anyone ever seen a vehicle like this?

May just explain several low altitude UFO sightings...:???:

Attachments

Scooteerr

It looks kinda like someone undid the turret and putt a cap on it... Could be a bad secret attempt to make a tank sub... But that's just my head thinking it... Never seen anything with that kinda upsidown bowl thing on it... :cookoo:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BOLOS!

It looks based on the M41 Walker Bulldog light tank. My best guess is a remote controlled test bed. It's a long shot, but I can't figure out anything else that makes sense with that contraption.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It may have been used on a range to tow targets.....when I was at Benning they had a remote controlled M60 that pulled targets on the TOW range......no turret on it either and it had extra armor on the side that faced the firing line....just in case somebody fired at the wrong vehicle.

The range was controlled by the Infantry Board and my unit pulled Cycle Support for them all the time. They were the guys that tested all the new toys that contractors were trying to sell Uncle Sam.

The Sergeant Major over the place was a great guy and I always volunteered to do that detail if we got it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
BOLOS!

It looks based on the M41 Walker Bulldog light tank. My best guess is a remote controlled test bed. It's a long shot, but I can't figure out anything else that makes sense with that contraption.
I am pretty sure he hit the nail on the head. Last time I was at Knox I had a lot of down time and spent a lot of it at the museums work shops and staging area. If I haven't had a senior moment that's what it was a early remote control track. :whistle:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like a skilled photographer took a picture with a turretless tank in the foreground and a water tank in the background. And yes, I have been to Roswell. :tin hat:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks to me like a skilled photographer took a picture with a turretless tank in the foreground and a water tank in the background. And yes, I have been to Roswell. :tin hat:
I can assure you Sir...the pic was NOT taken by a skilled photographer...it was in fact taken by a regular ole dumbass...me!:whistle:

That rascal is still in the same spot as when I took the pic. I still say it is alien technology and I betcha if somebody makes a "Flying Alien Tank Movie" that rascal will be the star!!

zout

No wonder I cannot get a reply on e mails - your out stalking looking through fences either doing survelience - testing the paremeter - who know - its sure not dumpster diving.

So when does it come to Zouts DZ ????? need a tank to work on

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No wonder I cannot get a reply on e mails - your out stalking looking through fences either doing survelience - testing the paremeter - who know - its sure not dumpster diving.
So when does it come to Zouts DZ ????? need a tank to work on
Sorry Bro...but you know the drill...Light Fighters recon, find, fix, exploit, contain...then attack. In this case, we better just leave the tank where it is!!:tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks