• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TCM Relay Specs?

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what the electronic relay for the TCM is rated for in Amps??

I was going to add another circuit or two.

Because it's electronic I assumed it may not be rated very high.

1674886780132.png

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it were me I would just install another relay and not mess with the TCM circuit.

springer1981

I'm not sure of the specs but it supplies all the 12v power that is required to operate the 4L80 controller and solenoids. It probably has a rating 10amps or more but don't quote me on that. I wouldn't add much on the existing circuit since it controls your transmission.

I've recently purchased the same relay for another circuit and this was the best price I found .... https://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/retrcofora2h.html

It's a solid state relay and I will likely be using it out of spec so I'm not sure how it will work for me yet. It's intended to use 24v to control 12v and I plan on trying it to control 24v, not 12v.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure of the specs but it supplies all the 12v power that is required to operate the 4L80 controller and solenoids. It probably has a rating 10amps or more but don't quote me on that. I wouldn't add much on the existing circuit since it controls your transmission.

I've recently purchased the same relay for another circuit and this was the best price I found .... https://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/retrcofora2h.html

It's a solid state relay and I will likely be using it out of spec so I'm not sure how it will work for me yet. It's intended to use 24v to control 12v and I plan on trying it to control 24v, not 12v.
If it is solid state I would not try that.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These relays are quite universal, in the trans relay setup, you have 24v on one side that activates the other relay at 12v to power the TCM.
it’s the same relay used for the fire suppression system “AFES” and the wind shield deice module is wired on 29T to activate upon switched 24v from the ignition switch.I cut one open a few years ago, it was just 2 Siemens relays in a potted glass bed.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So it is not a SS relay, just a sealed relay (redundant) with a 24V coil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks