• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing of the forum upgrade

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let's see how this goes....

915.jpgIMAG0188.jpg

Also I uploaded a large PDF file, but I realized it wasn't for release, so I removed it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not going to lie, I dragged this upgrade out longer than it needed to be. Come 3am this morning I was beat. (Been on the go for nearly 24hrs at that point) I took a nap from 3 to 7. But honestly I was frazzled from yesterday and the upgrade and needed that. This upgrade, on paper, should have been smoother. But I hit several bumps along the way. PHP needed to be changed as it didn't like our version. Then when I did that, there was dependencies on the database server that got updated. Which caused it to shut down and not restart. Got that squared away. Then got started on the actual upgrade. Lemme tell you, it's a little unnerving around hour 3 of watching a script window not update and watching mysqld chug away at one cpu core. I was at the point where I was about to kill the script when BOOM things started updating. I probably should have just kicked off the script and walked away and check back in on the hour instead. At least now I know. And this wasn't a big upgrade like we've had in the past. It was just to go up X.X.2 release levels.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not going to lie, I dragged this upgrade out longer than it needed to be. Come 3am this morning I was beat. (Been on the go for nearly 24hrs at that point) I took a nap from 3 to 7. But honestly I was frazzled from yesterday and the upgrade and needed that. This upgrade, on paper, should have been smoother. But I hit several bumps along the way. PHP needed to be changed as it didn't like our version. Then when I did that, there was dependencies on the database server that got updated. Which caused it to shut down and not restart. Got that squared away. Then got started on the actual upgrade. Lemme tell you, it's a little unnerving around hour 3 of watching a script window not update and watching mysqld chug away at one cpu core. I was at the point where I was about to kill the script when BOOM things started updating. I probably should have just kicked off the script and walked away and check back in on the hour instead. At least now I know. And this wasn't a big upgrade like we've had in the past. It was just to go up X.X.2 release levels.
OK...so whatever you said happened.:shrugs:

Thank you for getting us up and running again...now...go get the rest you deserve.:papabear:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Rest? What's that?

I've got to cut the grass, and I'm probably going to install a lift kit on the jeep today. :jumpin:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It actually sounded kind of dangerous to me. Tried to make sense of all this: you took a naphit several bumps along the waywhich caused it (the truck?)… to shut down and not restart… you then adjusted the clutch (?) … to go up X.X.2 release level… then a big boom and it (re)started just when you were about to kill someone… (!?):razz:

Thanks for the hard work![thumbzup]

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It actually sounded kind of dangerous to me. Tried to make sense of all this: you took a naphit several bumps along the waywhich caused it (the truck?)… to shut down and not restart… you then adjusted the clutch (?) … to go up X.X.2 release level… then a big boom and it (re)started just when you were about to kill someone… (!?):razz:

Thanks for the hard work![thumbzup]
I'm going to blame a non-existent language barrier.

Sadly, you speak English better than many people I know who are natural born US citizens.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm going to blame a non-existent language barrier.
Sadly, you speak English better than many people I know who are natural born US citizens.
Just remember...The best OPPLAN never survives the first contact...intact. You just have to rearm, refit and attack again!!:papabear:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, I resemble that remark. I just try to make do and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks for your efforts and abilities in making this site function. I appreciate this site and use it as my "go to" information source.

Rick

backwoodsman1

Thanks for all you do patracy, I am sure this site would certainly not as good without you. While others may be as good as you on computer stuff, and maybe better, it,s your attitude that I believe makes the difference. (should have said "not be as good without you). Many thanks and I can,t even begin to express my grattitude for this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks