• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you AN/ARC186, srodocker, & FT Powell

ABN173

I am still deployed and just purchased my first Deuce from GSA. AN/ARC186 (Dan) and srodocker (Scott) used a vacation day to take time off work(Dan) or went without sleep(Scott) in order to travel 60 miles North of Tacoma to recover my truck for me. So that's 120 miles round trip! Dan would not accept money for fuel either. Their generosity did not stop there. Once they arrived at the Snohomish County fire station they found out the troop seats were at another firehouse so they went there as well. One of the two of these outstanding troops donated a replacement tan cab cover. Dan was going to sell me a LMTV cargo kit and told me later it was donated and he said it would find its way onto my truck. I did not know at the time that meant fabicating brackets and such to ensure a proper fit, but Dan along with srodocker and FT Powell (Ed) finshed installing it this past weekend in the rain/drizzle to boot.

The above mentioned individuals are typical of most fellow Steel Soldiers I have met. It amazes me how much Steel Soldiers will do to help one another! I have a few items to express my thanks to these guys once I return home but I wanted to go ahead and express my thanks here publicly. Thank you all for the assistance it was above and beyond what I could have possibly expected or asked for! I am humbled to be in your company.

The thread on the recovery/build is here for any interested:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/84162-abn173s-little-project.html

-Dale

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks