• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks All for the help with my M149A2 Water Buffalo

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently recovered one in really good shape. Only thing missing is the latch for the manhole cover. Looking at the TM it appears to be a small square of steel bolted to the tank with two hood latches on either side. Does anyone know the dimensions of this block or can share close up pictures (or both)? Thanks in advance for all your help, insight and knowledge. Thinking this block should be easy to fabricate once I have the dimensions.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all for the help everyone. I was able to find a piece of 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 .120 wall lying around. Although the original mount was only 1 1/2 high, 2 1/2 inch fits so I was able to create the new piece. Turned out pretty good and only someone with knowledge on these things will be able to see and call me out on it not being original LOL. I will pull it off for paint when I do the whole trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks