• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The BPzV Hits Indiana

Augdog1964

Hey all...

The BPzV has hit Indiana. This is a relatively rare BMP-1 variant, designed by the Czechs. Its role was to sneak behind enemy lines and report back on enemy sightings, position, and range. Chock FULL of radios and neat equipment. Sorry for the bad pics, but it was POURING when she showed... makes the camera on my cell do strange things with autofocus.

Better pics to come...

Dave Bane
Augdog1964

Augdog1964

Arriving

She just arrived from Liverpool. I bought her at the Boyes auction last July. It takes a LONG time to get the paperwork handled.

Quick note, expect pilfering and possible damage when this stuff comes over. I was lucky on her... just a dead military battery, 175 to replace. She did however have a significant condensation buildup due to long term storage, inside the engine. Nice milky white oil. So we changed the oil and have to get her up to running temp to boil out the water.

Guys i can absolutely recommend the BMP series for anyone who wants armor and wants to take friends and likes to go quick. We've had my BMP-1 up to almost 55 MPH. Low, fast, amphibious, and absolutely cool.

Dave Bane
Augdog1964
T-55AM2, T-34, BMP-1, BPzV, OT-90 (incoming), BTR-60, BTR-40

Augdog1964

No problem...

We can ride... or if the weather isn't nice, you can at least look through them. Its interesting just to look and understand the vehicles too... amazing stuff.

Dave Bane
Augdog1964

cjkoschnick

If you need any local help let me know- I'm here in Richmond and have a little experience with OD Green equipment.
I saw the trailer a few days ago heading South on 27...Wow!

Augdog1964

I'll be darn! Another Richmond guy... that's fantastic!

Shoot me a PM with all your contact info... late spring we begin the pull apart of the T-34 to redo the brake bands and the clutch bands... we will need a hand!

Dave Bane
Augdog1964
T-55/T-34/BMP-1/BPzV/OT-90(incoming)/BTR-60/BTR-40

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks