• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M1028 got some new shoes, What do you guys think?

V8Astro

I think it looks badazz. Most of the purists will freak out...but it's your truck make it the way you want it [thumbzup]

ODdave

4in springs up front, stock rear. I need to get a few trucks painted but have no time. Hopefully I will find time soon. Thanks for the input guys.

Skinny

Isn't stock but looks fine! I think the saving grace is that they are still black steelies and not some yo yo bling alloys. Only the cool kids with smoke stacks run those for some reason.

What did they come off of?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
are you rubbing any sheet metal?

4 inch lift looks pretty well done - I don't see any problems with it

Not meaning to ask a stupid question, but what did this do for your top end speed?

ODdave

No rubbing, not even close. The skinny tires clear everything fine. As far as top speed, I haven't ran it with the gps so I am unsure. They measure out to about 33.5 in tall. They are 8 lug off of a p chassis Chevy. (chip truck)

Danger Ranger

I know you just did this, but you could in theory go to deuce wheels, and run something like 9.00 or 11.00-20s on those. You have clearance right? I don't really know the total height difference there, but it would be neat, and add part interchangeability. Someone did this on a m1008 I think.

ODdave

I know you just did this, but you could in theory go to deuce wheels, and run something like 9.00 or 11.00-20s on those. You have clearance right? I don't really know the total height difference there, but it would be neat, and add part interchangeability. Someone did this on a m1008 I think.
The 900's are roughly 40in tall, I didnt want to be that high in the air with this truck, and these where a direct bolt on. No adapters/spacers/custom work at all.

ODdave

Thanks for the complements guys. Andy, feel free to stop down any time !

C69, where did you get the grill cover?? I would really like a few.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks