• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Official m101-series-bed-on-a-pickup-truck pics thread

michigandon

I've searched all around in this forum as well as a few other places and found a few, but I just wanted to inquire as to any others out there that I haven't yet seen. Post 'em if ya got 'em! [thumbzup]

BTW I plan on using the bed from an M101a2 on my 1961 IHC Travelette. I bought the trailer off of GL and hauled it home from Bragg last winter. It's all rusted out in the very front but I knew that from looking at the pics before I even bid on it. I've taken measurements and if I cut the front end of it off just before the second "rib" for the stake pockets, it will line up on the back of the truck almost perfectly.

Oh, and I also just bought an a3 from Lejune that I plan on keeping intact. :cool:

Sierra51

Funny you should mention mounting a trailer bed on your truck....I'm just waiting on the shop to finish up my risers and rear cross-member to mount mine....M101A2 bed going on the Dodge in my avatar....hopefully will get started this weekend....will post up some progress pics as things move along....

Forgot to mention....all the measurements from both the trailer body and the truck worked out just about perfect....no cutting or modifying of either necessary....just fit and drill and bolt on....

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a 60 Travelette (body only) that I was going to use for a 4 door bobber project (now shelved).

I was thinking a 101 bed too.....great minds think alike.rofl

The body has rust issues but there may be usable parts on it.

I hate to send it to the scrapper if someone can use parts.

PM if interested.

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, you said body only but I see a rolling chassis under that thing.

That's a unique cab for it's age. Hate to see it go, especially since the truck and I were hatched in 1960.

Rick

91W350

We had a very strong International dealer up here and I do not remember seeing one of those before. That is an unusual ride....

Attachments

jimh1985

:drool::drool: I have been thinking of a CUCV for my new ride and this is just right! now i can put the bed on the truck use the canopy so i can camp in it without pulling a trailer !! yes...

jamesfrom180

I was curious if anyone knows off hand of a right size gen set cover for something say Jeep size.
Gavan had to take approximately 2 foot I think out of his and that negated the usefulness of the cover.
I was thinking a gen set cover would be alittle shorter but I think they will be too narrow. Any ideas out in OD land?:grd:

michigandon

I was curious if anyone knows off hand of a right size gen set cover for something say Jeep size.
Gavan had to take approximately 2 foot I think out of his and that negated the usefulness of the cover.
I was thinking a gen set cover would be alittle shorter but I think they will be too narrow. Any ideas out in OD land?:grd:
Are you referring to the canvas?

If so, why couldn't you just get a standard M101 cover and have a canvas shop cut it down to size?

That is what I was gonna try to do once I got everything else done.

pigdog

Does anyone have the box measurements from a 101? I'd like to do this to my truck and am curious to see if I would have to shorten the box to fit.

Specifically, I'd like to know the measurements for:

front of the box to the center of the wheelwell,
center of wheelwell to the rear of the box,
overall length of the box.

Thanks. The other trucks in the thread are giving me ideas!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks