• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Soldier B HubHelper for 2.5 ton trucks

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that don't hang out in or visit the 5-ton section, there is now a 2.5 ton version of the HubHelper available for Deuce owners! Please check out the listing in the classifieds section here for more details: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?191064-Soldier-B-HubHelper-for-2-5-5-and-10-ton-trucks

100_4571.jpg 100_4574.jpg 20190908_144911.jpg 20190908_145909.jpg

Special thanks to M35A2-AZ for assisting in the trial fit and mock-up of this new version!

For some background info on this tool and how it's used you might find it helpful to skim through the write-up on the 5-ton version: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?182544-Introducing-the-Soldier-B-HubHelper!!

I'll be taking orders for these for a week or so and then they will go into the production queue.

russojap

Fantastic idea!
Will be orderering one soon, I was supposed to get my truck ready for the road again but just couldn't face removing and installing those hubs. Doing just one nearly broke my back a few years ago.

Last edited:

russojap

To be clear, let me make sure I understand the jack requirement. Will this HF Daytona work?

Does another hole need to be added to the plate?

IMG_20191016_165036430.jpg

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That Daytona jack has an Allen head bolt that holds the jack pad down. When you remove the Allen head bolt, there is a welded cross bar underneath the hole. It prevents you from installing a bolt and nut to attach an accessory to the top of the jack. The threads under jack pad also has a raised flange on it. The outside diameter is approximately 1 1/8 inch. You would have to have a bolt that is the same thread pitch as the bolt that holds the pad down. I’m not saying it will or won’t work. I’m only making the designer aware of my Daytona part # DJ3000 jack.C9AFED0A-12FE-466B-AD0E-BE7499999D13.jpg6A676CFD-C593-4764-9744-9AB3530953D6.jpg

russojap

That Daytona jack has an Allen head bolt that holds the jack pad down. When you remove the Allen head bolt, there is a welded cross bar underneath the hole. It prevents you from installing a bolt and nut to attach an accessory to the top of the jack. The threads under jack pad also has a raised flange on it. The outside diameter is approximately 1 1/8 inch. You would have to have a bolt that is the same thread pitch as the bolt that holds the pad down. I’m not saying it will or won’t work. I’m only making the designer aware of my Daytona part # DJ3000 jack.View attachment 779748View attachment 779749
Ok thanks, My concern is finding a jack that will work. Does anybody already have the bracket or know what specific jack(s) will work ?

Last edited:

TheQuaker

Ok thanks, My concern is finding s jack that will work. Does anybody already have the bracket or know what specific jack will work ?
I used a cheap, Harbor Freight 2-ton small trolley jack for my 5-ton Hub Helper and I could not be happier with how it worked. It should work fine for a Deuce.

I removed the factory bolt securing the saddle on the jack and used a short (overkill) grade 8 bolt/oversized washer/nut to attach the Helper. Easy. Raising the jack slightly made attaching the new hardware a snap.

I don't remember what size bolt I used (in Mexico for work atm so not near my tools to measure) but it should be easy to find something that works in your spare nut/bolt can.

Check the 5-ton thread for a picture of my jack/Helper setup for a visual on the jack.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

russojap

I used a cheap, Harbor Freight 2-ton small trolley jack for my 5-ton Hub Helper and I could not be happier with how it worked. It should work fine for a Deuce.

I removed the factory bolt securing the saddle on the jack and used a short (overkill) grade 8 bolt/oversized washer/nut to attach the Helper. Easy. Raising the jack slightly made attaching the new hardware a snap.

I don't remember what size bolt I used (in Mexico for work atm so not near my tools to measure) but it should be easy to find something that works in your spare nut/bolt can.

Check the 5-ton thread for a picture of my jack/Helper setup for a visual on the jack.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Ok, thanks. That makes me feel a lot better about being able to get a jack that will work. :)

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The slot on the bottom of the HubHelper is 1 1/16" wide so to use that jack one would have to get a short bolt (if that bolt diameter is less than or equal to the slot width) or see of a smaller bolt like a 7/16" or a 1/2" will fit in that space and use progressively larger washers stacked up. Even a small grade 8 bolt is very strong.

russojap

The slot on the bottom of the HubHelper is 1 1/16" wide so to use that jack one would have to get a short bolt (if that bolt diameter is less than or equal to the slot width) or see of a smaller bolt like a 7/16" or a 1/2" will fit in that space and use progressively larger washers stacked up. Even a small grade 8 bolt is very strong.
Ok thanks, I don't have that jack. I can use any jack that is known to work, preferably a cheaper jack than that one.

I just thought that one (Daytona )would be a good choice because it has wider wheels and would be more stable.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be interested in one as long as the Daytona jack works, that's all I have for jacks.....

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be interested in one as long as the Daytona jack works, that's all I have for jacks.....
I can't guarantee that every jack will work as there're too many different styles out there. It looks like a smaller bolt may fit in there so if it does and if you can get a nut & washer on the bottom it may work.

If you want one you'll have to hurry - this batch was laser cut today and I only have (2) of the 2.5 tons that are still up for grabs.

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Daytona jack has a M22 x 1.5 thread pitch hole at the top. It’s not the most common bolt. However if you get this bolt, it will make it easier to attach this piece. Just trying to help.

russojap

I would buy the Daytona jack if you guys could resolve the issue with using it with the hub puller bracket, and post photos explaining how to make it work.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick update on the HubHelpers: All of the 2.5, 5, and 10 ton HubHelpers have made it through all of their fabrication steps are awaiting a zinc-phosphate bath before getting powder coated.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick update on the latest batch: all the rings have been powder coated and the base pieces should be getting baked on Tuesday or Wednesday and ready to ship by the end of the week.

I'm all sold out of HubHelpers at this time so those that are interested can get signed up for the next batch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks