• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking of Buying a M36A3

Wolfen

I am thinking of buying a M36A3 WO/W. The guy wants $9000.00 for it. The Truck price does not include the Bows or Cover. The Truck, has less then 7000 Miles on it. It does have a Clean Title and was built in 1997. I haven't seen it in person yet, but the Pictures of it look good. I was wondering, if $9000.00 was a fair price for the Truck assuming that it is in good condition. I have read the Threads about what to look for before Purchasing a Duece. Do the M36's have any Trouble Spots that are different then the M35's that I should look for? I will go see the Truck in Person before I buy it. Any advice would be appreciated. Here is a Picture of the Truck.:beer: I know that the M36's don't come with Troop Seats, but I was think of adding them if I bought the Truck. I had one Company, quote me $3000.00 to have the Troop Seats and the Tarp and Bows Installed. I'm thinking that they are asking way to much Money. Does anyone know where I could get a good price on a Tarp and the Bows for a M36? Also, does anyone know where I could get the Hardware for the Troop Seats? I can make the Wood myself or have someone make the Fiberglass Seats.

Last edited:

daddy2

I've got a M36a2. I think the price is based on what you think is fair. I paid more than that for mine but I had a few things done to it prior to picking it up ie. paint, hard top, air assist power steering. I plan on making a camper out of it starting early spring, so I needed the extra bed length. I've only owned it for less than a year, but I haven't had any major issues. Just the rear wheel cylinder passanger side leaked. I have it pulled apart now and I am waiting on the new wc. I wouldn't have minded the newer A3, but I couldn't find any at the time. 8)

goodguyzy

do you really want the long wheel base? i may sell my a3 soon and was thinking of selling it in that price range, so it sounds good to me. remember ppl that the left coast prices are at least 20% higher than the east.

Wolfen

daddy 2, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Air Assist Steering? I've seen the Kits for Sale by a couple of different Companies for $2500.00. I'm just curious since I was looking at M36A2's before I saw the M36A3 I'm looking at.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am thinking of buying a M36A3 WO/W. The guy wants $9000.00 for it. The Truck price does not include the Bows or Cover. The Truck, has less then 7000 Miles on it. It does have a Clean Title and was built in 1997. I haven't seen it in person yet, but the Pictures of it look good. I was wondering, if $9000.00 was a fair price for the Truck assuming that it is in good condition. I have read the Threads about what to look for before Purchasing a Duece. Do the M36's have any Trouble Spots that are different then the M35's that I should look for? I will go see the Truck in Person before I buy it. Any advice would be appreciated. Here is a Picture of the Truck.
I too sometimes think of buying a M36A3 *
They are rare, I can see it selling for 9k
as far as trouble spots vs the 'short bed' M35,
con: much larger turning radius
pro: smoother ride
M36's have a reinforced frame

Making it a quad cab, using a M35A3 bed, add AC and it's fun for the whole family :cookoo:

Attachments

Wolfen

Making one into a Quad Cab is a interesting Idea Bob. Not something I need since I'm single. Adding A/C, is something I would like to do when I buy a Duece. Unfortunately, I wont be able to afford a Duece until I sell my WC53.:sad:

daddy2

I paid $1700 installed. the price was worth it to me. I also paid $1800 for a new paint job. For the price it was worth it to me on that also. I didn't have the time or will energy to do it myself.

Alredneck

Banned
Get it and be part of the Long Bed Club! I have a M814 and its long but cool! I have wanted a M36 but have not come across one for the right price yet. M36A3 would be sweet as it would be easier to manuever than the A2 models. Having a bigger bed than everyone else leaves lots of options!

pmramsey

I am thinking of buying a M36A3 WO/W. The guy wants $9000.00 for it. The Truck price does not include the Bows or Cover. The Truck, has less then 7000 Miles on it. It does have a Clean Title and was built in 1997. I haven't seen it in person yet, but the Pictures of it look good. I was wondering, if $9000.00 was a fair price for the Truck assuming that it is in good condition. I have read the Threads about what to look for before Purchasing a Duece. Do the M36's have any Trouble Spots that are different then the M35's that I should look for? I will go see the Truck in Person before I buy it. Any advice would be appreciated. Here is a Picture of the Truck.:beer: I know that the M36's don't come with Troop Seats, but I was think of adding them if I bought the Truck. I had one Company, quote me $3000.00 to have the Troop Seats and the Tarp and Bows Installed. I'm thinking that they are asking way to much Money. Does anyone know where I could get a good price on a Tarp and the Bows for a M36? Also, does anyone know where I could get the Hardware for the Troop Seats? I can make the Wood myself or have someone make the Fiberglass Seats.
Find a good M813A1 and you will be a far happier man in the long run. Power, parts, performance, cost of operation, ease of handling...it all adds up. Check it out.

Wolfen

pmramsey, while the M813A1 certainly is a nice a Truck and has some Advantages over the M36's, it would require a CDL to Drive it. Alredneck, I'll buy the Truck if you either loan me the Money, or by my WC53. :)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing like a XLWB. I love my M814. Plenty of bed to carry stuff, rides better then the shorter WB 5 tons. Just remember, all that wheelbase means that you need a ton of room to change direction. It can be a handful in the city, and you have to plan your route well. Plus you have to wear two watches, as the ass end is in a differnet time zone...........

Wolfen

Thanks for the Advice EMD567. I know what you mean about the back end being in a different Time Zone. I have a Class B CDL and used to drive Busses that where every bit as long as a M36. You have to watch out for the Tail Swing when you pull away from the Curb.:beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man a "crew cab" M36A3 with a M35A2 bed would be sweet IMO. Just the turning radius is the downside. It'd be fun to have a crew cab deuce, but still retain a "full" bed.

That said, I wouldn't mind if my truck sprouted two more doors and lost some bed length LOL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks