• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Third's Build Discussion

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the aft section framed up today. I'll need to rig temporary some lighting so I can delete the OEM fixtures on that side of the ceiling, then I can sink some rivnuts to hold it all in place.

Desk and drawers should be framed up this weekend
Looks good ! I just used rivnuts for the first time this week mounting the dr, side ant mount and they worked great ! I will be useing them alot more in the future . And i hung 1 of those harbour freight 20 dollar led shop light to the ceiling when i was building mine worked great

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had left it open just in case, but not gonna be able to make this one.
If you need someone to come down there and keep an eye on your hostages ( I mean recent acquaintances) while you go to the rally just buy me a round trip ticket (BUSINESS CLASS) couple thick cut T bones and alot of really cold MILLER HIGH LIFE in the long neck bottles !

Third From Texas

At his age it takes him so long to capture a new struggle snuggle friend he hates to turn his back on them more than a minute or 2 cause they seem to keep ( RUNNING OFF ) LITERALLY !
College Station is where the SS rally is being held in Texas this weekend.

Not to be confused with hot young women running around mostly nude on the beach

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
College Station is where the SS rally is being held in Texas this weekend.

Not to be confused with hot young women running around mostly nude on the beach
Good anwser ! ALEX IM GOING TO GO FOR THE WIN WITH (MOSTLY NUDE YOUNG WOMEN ON THE BEACH) is my anwser ! How about this you pay half my airfare and i will buy the steaks and beer !

Rhino 5/4

LOL

The toilet will slide out for use, in for stowage. It will have it's own little cover/door eventually. It's just sitting in there for now.

I have to tinker with some slides and/or rollers and see what works best.
ST8201BOTTOM-MOUNT ROLLER-BEARING SLIDE
With these on front ???
Ball Transfer, Flange Ball Transfer Mount Type, Carbon Steel Ball Material, Galvanized
I like the pull out poop pan idea. with storage above for 1000 rolls of TP for the next respatory pandemic.

Third From Texas

Originally I was going to have the shower/toilet all in one closet.. But the toilet I will be installing is electric and doesn't like getting wet. i pondered a few ways to incorporate the slide into the shower wall, but since I had plenty of space on the other wall below the hanging closet, I just relocated it.

No holding tank, water, or plumbing required. It's a glorified camping toilet, honestly. By all accounts, no smell (which I know a lot of compost triolets claim but I can smell them on the rigs and sailboats that I've toured). And it's no more expensive than the highend compost toilets. It does require refill cartridge's but it comes out to about .50 cents per crap. Well worth it to not have to deal with smell, no stirring shit (I do enough of that on the Internet), no dump stations, etc. When it's full you just drop the bag in a trashcan outside Chucky's camper and off you go.

;)

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good ! I just used rivnuts for the first time this week mounting the dr, side ant mount and they worked great ! I will be useing them alot more in the future . And i hung 1 of those harbour freight 20 dollar led shop light to the ceiling when i was building mine worked great
Back before the emasorator toilets came along with grinders in them if we were out in the middle of no where (no where to stop and let someone go crap we kept small trash can bags in the bathroom so we would tell them to crap in the bag tie a knot and either chunk it out the window or throw it down the trash chute ! We wouldnt let them get to thinking they could crap on the bus cause if you did they would never poop anywhere else ! But no matter what kind of toilet use the thetford toilet liquid tank treatment it would disolve a body i beleave and never stink .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, but not needed in a dry flush !
I dont know anything about those we used 60 gallon stainless then went to bigger polytanks for the shower/principle bus and we Never had anywhere to dump but get-on or get -off ramps of the interstate at 3 or 4 in the morning (DUMP & DASH) and i only had to hit the rocker switch on the dash for the 12volt dump valve no hoses or any of that B.S.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Originally I was going to have the shower/toilet all in one closet.. But the toilet I will be installing is electric and doesn't like getting wet. i pondered a few ways to incorporate the slide into the shower wall, but since I had plenty of space on the other wall below the hanging closet, I just relocated it.

No holding tank, water, or plumbing required. It's a glorified camping toilet, honestly. By all accounts, no smell (which I know a lot of compost triolets claim but I can smell them on the rigs and sailboats that I've toured). And it's no more expensive than the highend compost toilets. It does require refill cartridge's but it comes out to about .50 cents per crap. Well worth it to not have to deal with smell, no stirring shit (I do enough of that on the Internet), no dump stations, etc. When it's full you just drop the bag in a trashcan outside Chucky's camper and off you go.

;)

Is this the toilet youve got for your truck?

Third From Texas

Nice rig. I had an 18' 1973 Winnie Brave. Loved to camp with that thing (surf contests, skiing in CO, etc). Only thing that sucked was dealing with dump stations. I even put in access to the sewer next to the driveway at the house, but I still hated dealing with shit.

The Laveo is just so simple (like taking out a bag of trash). No mess, no gloves, no hoses.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks