• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thoughts on engine after GP removed Cdr and/or air filter

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Hello,

If the truck was a runner and then sat in the desert without the cdr/air cleaner, should the motor be torn down or is there a process to flush? The truck I'm looking at has the hood in place giving the engine some protection. OR should I just change the oil /replace parts and go for it? Hopefully they get auctioned shortly after those parts are removed. Thanks

Last edited:

Autonomy_Lost

Mine was a runner with no CDR valve and no air filter. I addressed those things immediately and have not had any problems.

I did have to start it with those items missing to drive it off the truck. That made me nervous but I checked inside the airbox for water and debris before starting it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks