• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time for Fresh Battries

Loose Deuce

What are you guys doing about battery replacement ? I have two NAPA Battries that have finally gave up and dont want to pay $450.00 or more for another set. I've havent been visiting the forum lately so I probably have missed a lot.

frodobaggins

I use cheapo batteries from Wal-Mart. I can look at them tomorrow if you want.

Just get whatever fits and is at least 700 CCA. I think mine are 750 or 850 CCA.

wsucougarx

I used cheap Costco batteries and Optima Redtops. I will never buy a set of 6TL's especially if they are made my Interstate (6 bad so far)!

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a BD (Battery Dude) that gets big BLEMS and sell them to me for less than 50 bucks (without exchange) I think they are 850 CCA.....in Alabama winter they never fail to start a deuce.
Look for an independent battery distributor in your area.

RangerDave

I just got the Walmart $77 dollar 65N? batteries 1000CA/ 850CCA after several bad experiences with the NAPA Legend series group 31 - Low CCA and continual dead cells, not to mention Walmart has the 3 year free replacement compared to the 18 month pro rated "deals" out there... Not lucky enough to have a BD..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks